Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Deffinitely need some advice/ help from some people who know more about how to repare the bumper of my 2004 SE.

Is there a trick to get the back bumper back on???? I saw a lot of clips and plastic pieces so I was just wondering.

Also, I wanted to know if there are any reasonably priced body kits for SE's, because that was going to be a plan of the future but with the way my bumper is messed up it is looking more like a reality.

Thank You,

~Brooke

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
In my signature, there is a link to the HOW TO ARCHIVE. In there, there is a HOW TO for removing the back bumper, that'll help ya out.......

·
Registered
531 Posts
If you wanna fix it, you'll probably need to say what's wrong or post pictures.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well the back bumper has a dent in it on the drivers side and is also hanging off.

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
What happenned to the car? If the front is hanging off, you will need to remove it and see what is broken and IF you can just re-attach it or repair the hangers/mount. As for the back bumper, the bumper is made of urethane-type material so it's flexible. Usually when they are dented, severely enough, they need to be replaced. If it's just 'pushed in' from bumping into something, you may be able to remove it and again, as mentioned, see what is broken/dented/repairable, etc.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the advice and i will try to get some pics up tomorrow and maybe i can get more suggestions.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
someone on here has a list of places of body kits, i'm sure there are tons of kits for focuses. from what i know all body kits will fit all trim levels of focuses. so like...

00-04 3 doors will fit all 3 door trims, i dont know if they will fit on 5 doors. the front bumpers fit all 00-04 cars, no matter how many doors. rear bumpers fit the hatches, i dont know about sedans.

not sure on side skirts.

but beware of body kits on ebay, or any body kits made of fiberglass.they are crap and break and bend easily. if you have a little bit of money, try the body kit on f2focus.com its a little pricey, but is the best out in my opinion. shop around.

oh and also, if you decide against body kits, i think you can get stock bumpers off of ebay for reaaal cheap. dont know if they come with all of the hardware to install but yo ucan get a shop to do it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts