Focus Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
You need to replace with the exact same chip. Another chip won’t work, especially if both chips operate with different input voltages.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It seems that more things were broken. I had to replace the capacitor next to the HV509 and also, on the other side of the board, some element was burned out - on place R206.
Can anyone check the value of R206 for me? Or @Jeffv333 maybe you have a documentation for the oil gauges?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I don’t. Sorry about that. Nice! Solder a new capacitor and you should be good. Get a regular R206. Square resistor.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Yes it does! Make sure you get the same resistance for the resistor. And same capacitance for capacitor.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
That capacitor will store more energy. You risk burning something if you put a higher rated capacitor in the circuit. You need a 200.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well, 250 is there already. I'll ask again if they're sure what they're doing.

Anyway... maybe a little off-topic, but I'm wondering - if I am about to use 3rd party dials, should the indiglo green back-light layer be removed?

·
Registered
16,186 Posts
That could easily work. Looking close to doing the same to get around the TPMS light in my Nissan right now. To fake proper light operation but no tire sensors in tires, they require the light to act 'correctly' at inspection time and I loathe the sensors and their added cost.

·
Registered
97 Posts
My fix was strictly the light that allow you to see the instruments at night when you turn the lights on. Warning light would probably require a lot more perusing of the wiring diagrams, etc.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Had my buddy solder in the new chip for me. After a few long drives at night everything is working with no issues. Glad to have cluster lights at night again. Was getting tired of driving at night with no gauges.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I'm a little new this aspect of repairs. Looking at the chip site...it gives the option for SOIC or SOIC 150mil. Which is the correct one? Just verifying... thanks

41 - 56 of 56 Posts