Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a pretty good idea from doing other cars at work; but I learned the Focus as I went along. I documented what I could to make other's attempts in the future a tad easier! For what ever reason, pics and vids have this mysterious way of building confidence enough to get you out there; doing the damn thing!

Make sure you have:

the T10 torx bit, and a 1/4in socket and ratchet with, at least a 3in extension so you can remove the hardware holding the door panel on. Plastic pry tools are a next-level tool that'll save you from funking up the clean edges of your door panels and covers. A pen-light will also help you spot where the retainer clips are behind the plastic pieces... just get under an edge and peek in the gap with the light to get an idea where the clips are. You pull from the wrong direction: you're gonna have a bad time!

This is one of my first how-to videos, so the timing is wonky in the beginning... just pause on the frames you need a longer look at!

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
hmmm my exterior passenger side handle stopped working for like 2 weeks and i was opening from the inside handle......now it seems to have fixed itself the outside handle works again....

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a pretty good idea from doing other cars at work; but I learned the Focus as I went along. I documented what I could to make other's attempts in the future a tad easier! For what ever reason, pics and vids have this mysterious way of building confidence enough to get you out there; doing the damn thing!

Make sure you have:

the T10 torx bit, and a 1/4in socket and ratchet with, at least a 3in extension so you can remove the hardware holding the door panel on. Plastic pry tools are a next-level tool that'll save you from funking up the clean edges of your door panels and covers. A pen-light will also help you spot where the retainer clips are behind the plastic pieces... just get under an edge and peek in the gap with the light to get an idea where the clips are. You pull from the wrong direction: you're gonna have a bad time!

This is one of my first how-to videos, so the timing is wonky in the beginning... just pause on the frames you need a longer look at!

my driver side door will not open with the key you can hear the lock pop open but it will not open the door with the key or for the handle. I have to open up the back passenger door in order to open up the inside driver door

1 - 4 of 4 Posts