Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Changed my option Foglamp US to Foglamp in FoCCCus software.

Thats it! :)

Fog lights previously turned off while high beams were on.
Also, when I shut off the engine then restart again (had to press the fog button again to turn them on)

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Are they permanently on or just default to on? Basically, can I still turn them off by pressing the fog light button?

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are they permanently on or just default to on? Basically, can I still turn them off by pressing the fog light button?
No no no, they stay on only if you press the button.

example: start my car on the low beam then turn on my foglights. After that shutdown and restart my car, they will come back at on because they were previously on. (kind of memory)

Normally I think its a mid-2013 - 2014.

I like running fogs with highs in the woods, more lights the better :)

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Oh, this is fantastic. Enabling tonight. lol

·
Registered
297 Posts
So how does this FoCCCus app works?

Also, my 2014 remembers the foglights when turning the power off but not my wife's 2013

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
So how does this FoCCCus app works?

Also, my 2014 remembers the foglights when turning the power off but not my wife's 2013
You need an obdii adapter and basically you can read / write to the car's different modules. In this case, enabling the foglamp memory.

You can enable global open/close to open the windows by holding the unlock/lock button on your keyfob (only if you have all one-touch windows, otherwise you'll need to make hardware changes) and some other stuff at the moment.

Also, I just remembered my laptop charger broke, so maybe I won't be doing this tonight. But soon...

·
Registered
291 Posts
Woah. That's awesome. Is there a link to the app/software?

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
US people might want to check the laws. I'm pretty sure it's illegal to run fogs with high beams here.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Thanks for the warning, but I've used my high-beams a combined total of about 1.2 minutes in the 3+ years I've owned my car - almost exclusively city/highway driving.

It's actually illegal to use your fog lamps in Wisconsin unless there is adverse weather. And even if there isn't, you're supposed to only use them with your low-beams (unless absolutely necessary (no headlights/weather is super-horrible and that's the best for the circumstance). So using them as DRLs is out of the question... but I still do it anyway. [shhh]

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
378 Posts
Well, not all the 53 pages are crap, but I agree, a lot of flood in this thread (as pretty much on every other highly discussed matters on this forum).
Still, it is the best thread so far...

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, not all the 53 pages are crap, but I agree, a lot of flood in this thread (as pretty much on every other highly discussed matters on this forum).
Still, it is the best thread so far...
Yeah but i still think we should do a sticky like...

Focccus Software what can be done (with direct links to discussion)...

-Enable Cruise Control
-Fog lights with high beams
-Disable HID bulb out error
-Enable Hill start assist
-Enable global open/close
-Disable/Enable DRL
-Disable Shift light
-Enable fogs

and so on...

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
My '14 remembers only if I leave the lights on 'Auto'. If I turn the switch off, I have to turn the foglights back on again.
My '12 doesn't remember unless I leave the key in the ignition.

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Did any of you tried my setting?

Just to confirm that it worked.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts