Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
title says it all,

how do i effectively ziptie the white plastic pieces on shifter linkage above transmission without buying a new linkage??

came apart, i can snap it back on but i dont trust it. may come off again.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
its hard to explain but on my svt I put one around the cable behind the plastic piece and than one through that down to the metal piece and a few more around other places to be sure

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thats kinda what i thought.
ok thanks
anything is better than catching the bus.
i thought the problem was a major transmission problem when it happened yesterday after i was burning rubber at a stoplight, rolled into gas station in second,
caught the bus home to get my haynes manual.. on the bus somebody wanted to fight me for glancing in their direction.. ugh.

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts
that's why you wear sunglasses on trains and buses so no one knows what you're looking at...

but nifty trick, I'll have to look into maybe doing this myself.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that's why you wear sunglasses on trains and buses so no one knows what you're looking at...

but nifty trick, I'll have to look into maybe doing this myself.
well you could think of it like that.

but id like to think of it like this instead:

that's why us guys own ford focuses, so that we can afford driving without having to catch busses/trains like those broke asses

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
ziptie AND a hard epoxy on the plastic threads. Between the two its been holding 30K now.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Aloha Kevin. I'm on the Big Island [Kona side] every 6-8 weeks on business. I didn't realize Puna had bus service, howlies sometimes have to take extra care. Anyway, do you think the aluminium [not duct] HVAC tape would wrap around and bind the pieces? That tape is very heat resistant and unlike zip ties won't crack the remaining plastic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts