Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2007 ford focus, I have damaged the abs sensor while changing the wheel bearing. t/c stays on all the time now. I've pulled fuses 61,11,21,and 46 is not used. the service technician at the local ford dealer says he "thinks"
you can't diasable it.
I'm hoping there's an alternative.

anyone have any idea?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I hate my traction control. Does nothing for me even with the snow sometimes to get unstuck you just have to spin the tires. Can't do that with T/C.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I was not able to get up the driveway with it on, and was able to with it off.

If I have to disable the traction control on my 2013 Focus to get up my driveway in the snow, what is the traction control for if not to help traction in snow?

Is there any situation at all where it is better to be on?

·
Registered
541 Posts
2013 Focus
Is there any situation at all where it is better to be on?
yeah I'm going to go with because your asking the SVT guys about your brand new car when all were trying to do is go faster and make more tire noises. I would say your problem lies with the fact your trying to fight gravity on an icy hill and the only real way to over come that is more power.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What I’ve noticed is the Traction control uses the brakes to stop wheel spin. Thats why its a fall on your face moment. It’s a really stupid system for a hot hatch. What it needed was a proper differential, like a Torsen or a Quaife. With those diffs, when a wheel started to spin, the power would go to the other planted wheel until the one spinning found traction. No brakes necessary, no ECM timing changes, engine still producing power with, hopefully, no loss of momentum. Expensive item, but a huge change on how the car would handle traction in possibly every condition imaginable. Im restoring my SVTF. I’m looking for one right now.

·
Registered
2006 ZX3 2.0, 2006 ZX5 2.0, 2004 ZX3 SVT
994 Posts
The traction control retards timing, it doesn't use the brakes.

·
FF Affiliate
30,513 Posts
The traction control retards timing, it doesn't use the brakes.
The SVT uses ABS to control the TC , dont believe that pull the ABS fuse and TC goes away

What people were doing is pill the ABS fuse and wire in a switch that way you can turn the TC on and off as needed

Tom

·
Registered
2006 ZX3 2.0, 2006 ZX5 2.0, 2004 ZX3 SVT
994 Posts
It uses the ABS sensor for sure but I don't believe it applies the brakes.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts