Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do I disable the traction control? I hate it and want it to go away. If any one knows let me know please.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I dunno if this is gonna help...
The German ST 170 (which is basically the SVT) has a button next to the handbrake which disables ESP and traction control. I always drive without t/c cuz it f's up the launch.

Hope I could help.[paranoid] [?|]

·
Registered
132 Posts
The only way to completly shut it off is to pull fuse number 46 (ABS) which kills T/C and your ABS! Otherwise... You come up with something else and please let us know~

·
Registered
877 Posts
Not trying to be an ass or anything, but if you dont like the TC why did you get it as an option? Coulda saved yourself a few hundread bucks. Anyway I always thought there was a button on the dash for the TC..

-shawn

·
Registered
712 Posts
Button only kills t/c over 20 mph, also fuse f12 works. Also for lots of us the only svt's they had all had t/c.

·
Registered
132 Posts
XxDRIVERxX said:
Not trying to be an ass or anything, but if you dont like the TC why did you get it as an option? Coulda saved yourself a few hundread bucks. Anyway I always thought there was a button on the dash for the TC..

-shawn
Not being an ASS either but a lot of the states they only come with T/C... Alaska for example! Can't get one without the Winter package!

If I could get rid of the T/C I'd pay another few hundred to have it done by ford... However no one seams to know how the H3LL to accomplish this!

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
why don't you want it? It has affected me in a race, shifting to second I got rubber, and the traction control put me on my face.. but then if I had turned it off, I would have been fine. I don't have problems with launch.. just 1st to 2nd shifts.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I don't want it because god forbid a person who is an enthusiast want to drive the h3ll out of their car! Being as I love to and know how to drive my car, I don't want to have my car stop me from being able to control it! Which is what T/C does... Anyways... You should be able o control the car yourself... If you feel it to start letting go... Back off!

Just me! I'd rather have total control of how it works!

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
The winter package is more than just traction control and abs. It also has yaw control. I'm all for driving my car like its meant to be driven but there's no way I'd have a car without abs.

·
Registered
132 Posts
The Yaw control... Doesn't come with the winter package and ABS is not part of the winter package either!

You can only get the YAW control as part of advance track with the standard Foci not the SVT it isn't an option for it!

So all the winter package is; is traction control, heatred seats, plug in (for wall outlet) I don't think htere was anything else included in the cold weather package!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Thats what I said... If you don't have ABS then you don't have traction control either correct! This is beacuse you probably live somewhere where the winter package isn't "standard"! Who cares though! Doesn't matter or anthing!
SVT doesn't have YAW control just T/C which control forward power only! ABS controls the negative power!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Living in Canada I personally love the winter package. Every day so far this month I've used the heated seats on the way to work in the mornings. I've also plugged in the block heater before bed...nice having warm air coming out of the vents on a cold morning and not having to wait 'till the car warms up. As far as traction control is concerned you just have to get used to launching the car with t/c. If you launch it just right the t/c won't kick in on fast take offs. A little too much throttle though and the t/c kicks in and it feels like the engine cuts off. I am planning on getting a s/c or turbo next year and think the t/c might be helpfull with the additional horsepower.

·
Registered
132 Posts
or a bigger pain in the butt! I as well love the heated seats... Never use the block heater as I have a garage! Oh well....

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
my winter package was heated seats and heated mirrors.. that is it. I don't have a block heater. Traction control was extra and required abs.. which was extra. I am kicking my self in the ass every time I think about no ordering advance trac :( would have loved to have the rear disk brakes

·
Registered
132 Posts
okay... You don't have a EVT so this doesn't apply to you .... Go back to the regular foci postS!

·
Registered
21 Posts
i havent noticed the t/c as hindering anything, this thing is not a tire scorcher. I had a totally worked 2000 gt with gears and all the goodies before this. that was a tire spinning machine, it chirped fourth easily. funny thing is, ive run it with and without t/c on at the track, and never lost more then .05 in the 1/4. 13.65's with it off 13.72's best time with it on. on colder track days, the t/c runs were quicker with street tires[cool] Only thing i noticed about this car is it does not respond well to banging shifts off, the torque is not there to recover from shifting hard enough to chirp the tires. The shift from 1st-2nd needs to be smoother with more throttle tip-in to catch the revs. entering the next gear as close to 4000 rpm is the ticket with this thing, watch how much your revs drop if you jam it and chirp the tires. my rx7 tt was like that, you drive it like a motorcycle, not a mustang. It FEELS like youre going faster because the car rears back, but im sure at a track its loosing time.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hey what do you mean! I have chirped in 3rd gear at 40 mph on dry pavement!

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
despite my previous stance that traction control makes the car seem like it has limited slip, I was way wrong. I raced a tarus SHO and shifting from 1st to 2nd, I got good wheel spin and the traction control kicked in and I fell on my face. It totally shut me down for acceloration.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts