Focus Fanatics Forum banner

81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
2012 focus need to unlock steering column and slam it up and down then lock to get the cruise control to operate. please help

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
This question would be better in a new thread, this one is for earlier model specific information none of which fits the MkIII.

You've proven a wiring/connection/switch issue in the steering wheel/column area, that's all which can be determined for sure from your symptoms.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2001 focus. I tried the self diagnostic and got 4 Blinks. Has anyone else had this or have any idea where to start?? Thanks

·
Registered
146 Posts
just giving my experience, back in 2009 when i fitted my US cruise control kit to my uk manual 2004 1.6 lx as it never came with it or was an option the throttle body didnt support it so had to manufacture a new cable mount for the throttle body, but after fitting it i found it didnt work, and then getting and trying new switches even a new servo even bought a rotunda cruise control tester and adapted it to work with this servo still couldn't find anything wrong,looking at the wiring diagram we eventually diagnosed down to the 3rd brake light circuit with help from pdfbt40 a forum member on FFOC :: Ford Focus Owners Club , which mine were all led even the reverse bulbs, but to get it to work we fitted a small 12v 2w bulb attached to the 3rd brake light connector and hidden in the roof and it worked again

·
Registered
178 Posts
2006 ST with CC issues.

My high mileage but near showroom condition 06 ST began experiencing CC issues in September. A trip to the dealer got the result that speed control module was bad. Mechanic said part was obsolete and unavailable. Is this so? Let me know, either way if you can, as my CC is still inoperative. Thank you!

81 - 85 of 85 Posts