Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna debadge my car but dont know where to start. what do i need to do it and what is needed to make sure there is no outline that there was a badge ever there?

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
I used a hair dryer, dental floss, some goo gone, some scratch-X, and a clean rag. The first thing I did was heated up the badge with the hair dryer for about 5 minutes. Then I took the dental floss and slowly dragged it behind the badge. Be careful though because the badge will be hot because of heating it up. I made it so that the floss was leaving some of the black adhesive left on the car, so that the floss wasnt touching up against the paint. After getting the badge itself off, there was still some black adhesive left on the car, and I just kinda peeled it off with my fingernails. After that, there was still signs of the badge being there, and also sticky places, so I took some goo gone, or something like it (cant remember), and I applied it with a clean rag. It pretty much did the job completely, but I had some scratch-X laying around, so I applied some of that to the area, and it made it look flawless. I waited about 10 minutes with the scratch-X on it and then I washed it off. It turned out perfect, and there are no signs at all that the badge was ever there. I hope this helps you out, and good luck. [thumb]

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
use fishing line and some goo gone and then wax after done getting rid of the residue and you are set, it will take about half hour or so.

·
☼
7,494 Posts
[:(] I peeled mine off without heating it up and I can tell where I debadged, due to small 1mm paint circles being pulled off.. unless it was clearcoat, since I saw dark gray. I used touchup paint, and although it's still noticable, it's not as bad.

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Thanks for that link!

·
Registered
407 Posts
loudfocus01 said:
I used a hair dryer, dental floss, some goo gone, some scratch-X, and a clean rag. The first thing I did was heated up the badge with the hair dryer for about 5 minutes. Then I took the dental floss and slowly dragged it behind the badge. Be careful though because the badge will be hot because of heating it up. I made it so that the floss was leaving some of the black adhesive left on the car, so that the floss wasnt touching up against the paint. After getting the badge itself off, there was still some black adhesive left on the car, and I just kinda peeled it off with my fingernails. After that, there was still signs of the badge being there, and also sticky places, so I took some goo gone, or something like it (cant remember), and I applied it with a clean rag. It pretty much did the job completely, but I had some scratch-X laying around, so I applied some of that to the area, and it made it look flawless. I waited about 10 minutes with the scratch-X on it and then I washed it off. It turned out perfect, and there are no signs at all that the badge was ever there. I hope this helps you out, and good luck. [thumb]
same but no goo gone, i used car polish, it seemed to work really really good

·
Registered
164 Posts
I found that my fingers worked better than floss. Just heated it up with a hair dryer, peeled off with my fingers then worked off most of the gunk with simple green. After that i used some "stick off" which is used to take of sticker residue. Havent waxed my car yet and there are no remains what so ever.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts