Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woah, it is complicated, far less friendly user that AP3 was.

I'm able do datalog but I can't open the .csv files that LiveLink makes.

It is kinda useless since I can datalog, but I can't review the logs. Please help.

·
FF Affiliate
31,093 Posts
If This is a tune I sold you I can remote into your laptop and set up the log list and show you how to use everything

You can hit me on AIM , info below

Tom

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If This is a tune I sold you I can remote into your laptop and set up the log list and show you how to use everything

You can hit me on AIM , info below

Tom
Well, I should have gone with you, but I was already in contact with a tuner on the Focus ST board, from my ST days, so I went with him. I understand if you don't want to help anymore hahaha.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
.csv files can be opened with Excel, or any decent spreadsheet program.
Right. I was doing that with the COBB Accesport3. The files from the SCT looks like nothing in Excel, and they don't work in datazap.me, like they should. It is weird.

·
FF Affiliate
31,093 Posts
Now wait , he isnt datalogging with you and doing you a custom tune file ? your not sending him the datalogs ?

Contact me tomorrow and I will be glad to remote in and show you how to use everything

Tom

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now wait , he isnt datalogging with you and doing you a custom tune file ? your not sending him the datalogs ?

Contact me tomorrow and I will be glad to remote in and show you how to use everything

Tom
I sent him the datalogs( waiting for answer) but I can't understand the .csv files.

I tried understanding the files using excel, but no luck. Here is what it gives me:

Attachments

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

Tom
I will try contacting you tomorrow if I have no answer from him.

·
Strichmädchen & Koks
3,112 Posts
That's what it should look like when opened in excel. .csv is a simple text type format, that gives you a basic spreadsheet. The very top of the columns shows the various parameters, so for instance the top left is time, then you have the air-fuel ratio and so on. Each successive row going down is the next step in time, and thus the next value for each parameter.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's what it should look like when opened in excel. .csv is a simple text type format, that gives you a basic spreadsheet. The very top of the columns shows the various parameters, so for instance the top left is time, then you have the air-fuel ratio and so on. Each successive row going down is the next step in time, and thus the next value for each parameter.
Yeah, but I mean, AFR should be something like 14.6:1 or 0.725 volts. And 83 degrees of knock retard, not sure....

·
Strichmädchen & Koks
3,112 Posts
There's probably something messed up in the parameter values. Maybe check livelink to make sure it's outputting correctly. I would wager that the AFR values in the second column are supposed to have a decimal after the first 1-2 digits.

The data could also be in the incorrect order, adding to any confusion. Again, I would check the software to make sure it's outputting the correct values and that something isn't set incorrectly.

·
Registered
985 Posts
And this is a good example of why everyone should go with TOM.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
And this is a good example of why everyone should go with TOM.
Perfect example. I wasted 150$ with Torrie from Unleashed.

People, don't make the same mistake I did. And please go with Tom from Focus-Power on the first try.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Its only the base tune you have but how is it so far ?

Tom
-Throttle feels great.
-Car does seems to have more torque down low (1800-2800 Rpm)
-Fuel cut-off is too low-6900Rpm
-The low rpm bogging is gone.
-I have some personnal things I want you to re-adjust, but, for a base tune on a N/A car, I'm impressed.

Oh and your support is beyond expectation.

·
Registered
340 Posts
-Throttle feels great.

-Car does seems to have more torque down low (1800-2800 Rpm)

-Fuel cut-off is too low-6900Rpm

-The low rpm bogging is gone.

-I have some personnal things I want you to re-adjust, but, for a base tune on a N/A car, I'm impressed.

Oh and your support is beyond expectation.

That low rpm bogging is what makes me want to get a tune myself.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That low rpm bogging is what makes me want to get a tune myself.
It is now gone mate. Tom is an awesome guy and he will take care of you.

He took care of me and I was not even his customer yet. After seeing how professional he was, I jumped with him. The other tuner was useless.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm on first revision ( base map plus 1 revision) and the car pulls right from 1300rpm!!!!! No bogging. Find a used X3 and for another 150$, @1turbofocus will transform your car, in a good way!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts