Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2000 ZX3

A bit new to this community. Hope to get some help.
I want to connect led strobes to the 4-way hazards so that the LED's light up when the 4-ways are engaged. I will mount a set in the rear and another under the grill. Is this easily doable? I am handy, but admittedly cautious about such things. Much prefer to do it right the first time.

Thanks, BG

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
So basically you want strobe lights to come on when your hazards are on? Why not just hook up strobes and have a seperate switch for them so u can turn them on anytime u want.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Won't the NYS Troopers take a dim view of this? They might even think you're trying to impersonate one of them.

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
Moved to First Generation Focus Non-Performance Chat. Ford Focus Technical Chat is for maintenance issues, recalls, and basic repairs- not upgrades or modifications. Thanks for posting!

·
Registered
52 Posts
it would be much simpler to get a strobe module and hook it up on a seperate switch but if you wanted to do it with the hazards youd have to find the power and ground wires wich i would assume you could pick up right of the hazards switch and tap into those but your lights are only going to flash like the hazzards do.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The orange strobes have their own controller. My idea, at risk of sounding naive, was that connecting strobe power to the 4way circuit would power them when the 4ways are turned on. Is this doable? If so, how do I recognize the correct wire. Is it a specific color?

·
low n slow
2,163 Posts
Won't the NYS Troopers take a dim view of this? They might even think you're trying to impersonate one of them.
my buddy had red and blue strobes on his turbo bug and the local cops were not very fond of it lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts