Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 05 ZX4 ST with the leather seats. These are the ones that have the smooth leather on the outside edges and the suede-like leather on the seating surfaces. How do you clean the suede leather? My kids have some candy that got stuck to these parts. I have removed most of the candy, but there is still some there. Should I try the steam cleaner on it to soften the candy and get it out?

Thanks for the help,
Niteshift

·
So mote be it
8,961 Posts
I tried googling how to clean suede with some mixed results (i believe the seat part of those seats are suede?)

nothing related to your stain specifically but they agree that you need to be careful and to not use most cleaning products on them. I'd just read through them and then use a combination of them. I would test any liquid cleaning products somewhere you are going to notice if it does stain or causes discoloration. Those seats arent very common so I dont know if you will get many suggestions based on personal experiences..
Suede seats
Suede purse cleaning
Shoes

You could also call a couple of dry cleaners and ask their advice or call an auto detailing place...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts