Focus Fanatics Forum banner

81 - 97 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Gauge scans

I was perusing the digital version of the owner's manual and found out that I can pull objects from the file, including the very detailed gauge cluster so graciously included by Ford. So here I have an Illustrator file and a pdf of both the original (sans needles, they were in the way) and a modified version that I made that I think looks way better. The least they could have done was not use Helvetica! You'll have to figure out how to print it right, I just finished designing it and I'm pooped. I might have to remove the idiot lights from the print, I think those are their own sections behind the dash. Let me know how it works, and if I can make any changes.

Illustrator file

PDF file

·
Registered
15 Posts
They're not at full scale, but the vector file can be stretched without distortion. I don't know the proper dimensions either.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry for the necrothread bump in advance. I am in need of a vector scan or full size scan of the primary gauge face, as the previous owner put some generic cluster indiglo face in. It is scaled incorrectly for the SVT, so I would like to make a semi-OEM overlay, but I have no viable template. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I probably should reconsider posting so late in the evening. I missed where MobiusOne said it came from the online manual. I clicked the links in the post only and found them to be dead. I'll play with converting them to vectors tonight and see how it goes. Thanks again.

·
Registered
15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello all, just noticed some were looking for my vector file. I syill have it, here it is.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B71yv5osWl9rLXpjSncxT2VYeDQ/view?usp=sharing

DM me if that doesn't work. I can convert the filetype tomorrow too.
Here's an eps version for the time being: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B71yv5osWl9rLXpjSncxT2VYeDQ

Remember it's not to scale so you'll have to adjust it to full size.
this is kinda of a bummer.. I got that image like shown above, and full dashboard doesn't fit right with it... the holes are a bit off...
I'll have to print it out and adjust to fit right...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I broke my original ST170 background... Has anyone the template?

I did this with my SVT gauges that I put into my 2000 ZX3. I finally got the aux cluster wired up so it would work and could actually see how the blue looked!
Omg what did you do for make the aux cluster work?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Many thanks!

What does it mean ''Main''? The ECU?
Here in europe the 1.6 hasn't got oil temperature sensor... Let's see what i can do hehe.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Since the Forum is preventing me from PMing a Seller in buy-sell-trade, because I don't have enough posts, until I spam the Forum with useless post:

Just let me say: "I don't know why they made this mod so hard."

Woot! That's #8, because they didn't count 2, for some reason!

81 - 97 of 97 Posts