Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to do my C-pillars today.

It wasn't too bad.

The blue shows where the panels clip into the frame. The yellow shows where the panels clip side by side. The red shows where push pins go through the panel and into the frame. The orangish color shows a tab that goes behind the headliner. The green shows where the panels overlap each other and clip together.

The yellow on the frame shows the wire for the window defroster.

Start taking it apart by removing the trunk cover by folding the seats and removing the 4 push pins in the trunk cover. Then pull it out towards you. It also has 3 clips by the window that slide out.

Then start by removing the panel close to the door (it has a screw behind the little cover) then remove the one that connects to that. They connect at the top so be careful. Some of the clips take some force.

After that you can remove the rear panel. I got a screw driver and pried the push pins out from under the panel. There are 2 on each side. Then with some force, pull by each clip at a time. This panel takes some force. Watch out for the window defrost wire that is behind the little pull out cover. The location of the wire is on the frame in yellow.

Once done, replace in the same order.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Let me know if you have any queations fellas! :)

Reactions: Focus Filipino

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi Focus 13,
just joined Focus Fanatics after reading this post. Found it very helpful as am just about to replace my antenna base (no gps signal) and need to drop headliner to get access.
would just like to know how fragile these panels are? i expect to break a few clips, but don't fancy cracking a cover. thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
they are not that fragile i had to pull mine off to remove the antenna base for paint and roof work from hail damage. the christmas tree clips that hold the head liner off are a mother to get out. felt like i was going to break them. if remeber correctly the antenna base bolt holding it in is a 10mm. there are 2 clips that are on the antenna base once you remove the bolt.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they are not that fragile i had to pull mine off to remove the antenna base for paint and roof work from hail damage. the christmas tree clips that hold the head liner off are a mother to get out. felt like i was going to break them. if remeber correctly the antenna base bolt holding it in is a 10mm. there are 2 clips that are on the antenna base once you remove the bolt.
This

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Focus Filipino

·
Registered
138 Posts
Glad I found this post! Have you had any experience removing the A-Pillars since that's what I'm about to venture into. I've been reading thread after thread looking for enough detail and your writeup is the most detail I've ever seen- but only for C-pillar.

Concerning that, would you mind telling me what you did to prep for airbag safety? Did you disconnect the battery? (neg then pos) and if so, did you wait a few min for the airbags to loose residual power? A few things I'm concerned about if I disconnect the battery: 1) Will that fully protect me from airbags accidentally going off messing with the trim. 2) If I have it disconnected too long, will the computer, ecu, or TCM transmission control module reset? My transmission is working BEAUTIFULLY and I'd had to see it reset and go back to shuddering.... 3) If you disconnected the battery, did you need a radio code to restart and unlock the radio?

Lot's of questions, thanks for taking the time to read anyone!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts