Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i got decided to order a billet grill off ebay. It was only $54 which is a TON cheaper then steeda. This is the one I ordered: clicky

So here is the install:

1) Pop the hood and remove the plastic piece over the grill. There are some goofy plastic screw that can be a pain so be patient.

2) Now you are ready to begin.

3) The kit comes with 4 screws, 4 nuts, 4 washers, and 4 black plastic pieces.

4) Put the grill on top of the stock grill and put the screws in the four holes through the stock grill. Then on the other side of the grill goes washer, black piece, then nut.

5) Tighten the screw all the way and have it pretty tight but don't over tighten.

6) Once its tight it will look something like this:

7) Put the black plastic trim piece back on, close hood and look at your handy work!

I like it and it only takes around thirty minutes to install. Overall it's a great bargin. Any questions or comments are welcomed.

·
Registered
36 Posts
id need a distance picture to really decide if i like it, but it doesnt look too bad from what i can see. but they ^^ are right, the mesh peeking out from behind has to go.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea you can't see the mesh when you are far away. I will post some pics tomorrow. But i figured $54 why not give it a try.

·
Registered
570 Posts
yeah im not a person of overlaying anything

im a swap person
i would find a way to get that grille on their without the old one
if that where me

·
Registered
449 Posts
Dude. That's exactly the billet I want, I think.

But I need a daytime shot.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok tell if you think this will work. I take a piece of black plexi and cut it out to go behind the grill so all you see is black instead of the mesh. What do you think???

·
Registered
449 Posts
Hmm, I don't know. Throw on the black housing headlights and ST color matched grille.

I wonder how it'd actually look on my Focus. I also would want the bottom grille too.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
hmm...looks good from a distance
but close up it doesn't look so hot. i think it would look friggin awesome if there wasn't the mesh behind there

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yea i think after i get my CAI installed my next project will be cutting out a piece of black plexi and see how that looks. I will get a pic up when done.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts