Focus Fanatics Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
With a header, cams, tune , on a 2.0 it will cost alot of money for little reward. Turbo will be the best bang for the buck imho and the stock engine can handle it fine if you can find someone to tune it.
I'm going to friendily (is that a word?) counter this. The title of the thread isn't how to make a lot of power with the 2.0L, it's "How To: 200WHP". Of course forced induction will get you there but I'm going to argue that it is CERTAINLY NOT the bang for the buck route. 200HP is easy on the 2.5L without forced induction. I don't know what the market for those motors looks like on the other side of the planet, but I got my 2.5L for $200. A couple massivespeed parts thrown in and I don't think I went much over $500 USD total. It's also an almost bolt-in swap, with the required changes well documented.

I may be completely wrong, but I'm not aware of any turbo kits for less than at least $4k USD

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts
My 2018 has the 2.0 TiVCT duratec. Roush CAI, Dragon Works performance chip, and Fswerks racing exhaust system. Nitrous express 75 shot. Brisk spark plugs, msd coil packs.
Does msd make a coil for those motors? Or is there some adaption that has to be done?

·
Registered
2004 ZX3 SVT EE 173k miles. 2004 ZX3 SVT 194k miles
4,134 Posts
I'm going to friendily (is that a word?) counter this. The title of the thread isn't how to make a lot of power with the 2.0L, it's "How To: 200WHP". Of course forced induction will get you there but I'm going to argue that it is CERTAINLY NOT the bang for the buck route. 200HP is easy on the 2.5L without forced induction. I don't know what the market for those motors looks like on the other side of the planet, but I got my 2.5L for $200. A couple massivespeed parts thrown in and I don't think I went much over $500 USD total. It's also an almost bolt-in swap, with the required changes well documented.

I may be completely wrong, but I'm not aware of any turbo kits for less than at least $4k USD

You are not making 200 wheel horsepower with a 2.5 swap for 500 dollars. That is absurd.

·
Registered
72 Posts
You are not making 200 wheel horsepower with a 2.5 swap for 500 dollars. That is absurd.
I didn't say I was, I said it was easy with the 2.5L. A decent set of cams, header, and tune would land you in the ballpark of 200hp. Accounting for having a valve job done, with the price I got my 2.5L at, I should be able to get there under $1,500

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'm sure you could actually probably get it done, but you'd be talking about going full in on some pretty serious cams, full exhaust, tune and maybe intake. It would just be a lot of work, because since these are a solid cam-roller setup, you'd have to definitely have a machine shop set the valve lash if you were to do so.

Idk how cliche it is on here, but having completed a 2.5L swap, I really can't imagine why anyone wouldn't do it if you're even thinking about more power. At least for the US versions, it's a gain of 50hp over the 2.0L. With an intake, exhaust, and tune, 200hp is super easy. I'm not as familiar with the mk2 since we didn't get it here, even though mine is an '07, it's still a mk1. But I can't imagine that it would be that much different.
Just a quick question about the 2.5L swap. Do the electronics/computer all go together easily and work correctly?

·
Registered
2004 ZX3 SVT EE 173k miles. 2004 ZX3 SVT 194k miles
4,134 Posts
I didn't say I was, I said it was easy with the 2.5L. A decent set of cams, header, and tune would land you in the ballpark of 200hp. Accounting for having a valve job done, with the price I got my 2.5L at, I should be able to get there under $1,500

Cant swap cams without the correct springs
Just a quick question about the 2.5L swap. Do the electronics/computer all go together easily and work correctly?
Yes. Plenty of threads. The search bar is your friend.

·
FF Affiliate
31,780 Posts
Look up a 2005 Saleen n2o focus. I think you would be fine.
Yes the Saleen came with Nitrous from the Factory , it was for LOOKS ONLY it was not hooked up and never meant to be used , you also need a Tune to run Nitrous as well as a Wide Band Air Fuel Gauge

Tom

·
FF Affiliate
31,780 Posts
I spent 190 for the CAI, 439 for the exhaust, 90 for the chip, and 445 for the Nitrous, 270 for the coil pack, 50 bucks for the spark plugs. Not cheap but not bad
What year Focus do you have ? 50.00 for plugs ? The AR103 are the best proven plugs for the Duratec and there less then 20.00

90.00 for a Chip ???
270.00 for a coil pack ???

You should spend your money on things that help Performance not take money from your wallet and do nothing , Not trashing you just a lot of wasted Money but its your Money

Tom

21 - 35 of 35 Posts