Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

· FF Founder
10,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is already out there, but I figured with the recent questions I'll create a more detailed one.

2000-2004 Focus Go Here:
http://www.focusfanatics.com/howtos/foglight/

Items Needed:
1) 2" - 12 Gauge Wires
2) 2 - Male Connectors
3) Wire Cutter/Stripper

Cut out a 2" wire and strip both ends.

Crimp the male connectors to the end of the wire.

Locate and remove R13 relay. (This image shows R13 relay already removed)

Insert both ends of the wire into the socket.

Keywords: foglight mod, fog light mod, independent foglight, foglight without headlight, 2005 fog light mod

· FF Founder
10,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
this should be stickie... does the length of the wire matter?
The length does matter, due to the space limitation inside the fuse box. If you make it too long, it will not sit inside the box properly. On the other hand, if you make it too short, it will not bend or fold properly.

· FF Founder
10,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After this mod, how did you exactly get the independent fog light?
Sorry I haven't paid attention to this thread.

This mod basically allows the foglights to be turned on with just the parking lights. In addition, when your highbeams are on, the foglights will also remain on.

· Registered
705 Posts
but my fogs come on when the parking lights are on.
Like, I turn the lightswitch to the first position and I pull the switch out and they turn on...now, they do turn off with my high beams on, BUT, is there a way to do it where they will be on with out the blinker/parking lights and/or headlights being on?

(NOTE: I have not done this mod!)

· FF Founder
10,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
but my fogs come on when the parking lights are on.
Like, I turn the lightswitch to the first position and I pull the switch out and they turn on...now, they do turn off with my high beams on, BUT, is there a way to do it where they will be on with out the blinker/parking lights and/or headlights being on?

(NOTE: I have not done this mod!)

I'm sure there is a way where you can wire your foglights directly to the 12v. Since you have a 2006+ this mod isn't required because your's came this way from the factory.

· Registered
3,185 Posts
huh, i wonder if it was changed mid year then or something cause my 05 will not turn on the fog lights unless the headlights are on.

· FF Founder
10,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I went to do this and where yours has the row of relays mine is an open slot, my box has 2 empty slots where as yours is only one, with this I do not have the relay R 13.
Remember this mod is only for the 2005 Ford Focus. I believe with the 2006 and 2007 models they can be turned on without the headlight.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.