Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mean regarding the low suspension.Does it get stuck everywhere or does it rub often under the car in a snow storm?

[paranoid]

·
Broken cars s[:)][:)][:)] :(
18,832 Posts
nono. get some nice snow tires and you'll be ok. I have snow tires and have no prob at all. theres an svt in alaska also thats on here I forgot his name but svt and alaska are in it lol. focus_in_alaska I think.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
tires make the difference. Of coarse trying to drive in a few feet of soft snow is obv a no no.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I walked to school a lot this winter...luckily I was close. I would definitely stay away from deep, stiff snow as this could rip off the the side skirts and the front plastic piece if you're going too fast. But...in terms of light snow...if you have decent tires...the SVT is pretty much like any other FWD car. The traction control helps slightly if you have it...but remember it's only "traction control" not "stability control"...it simply keeps the tires from spinning...not like on fancy cars where individual brakes and sometimes suspention settings are changed. There seems to be plenty of clearance for light snow...so no worries.

·
Registered
498 Posts
winter tires snow/ice are the best investment for the svtf..... luv my winter tires....

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
now thats what i freak'n talk about. used to live in maine

1 - 7 of 7 Posts