Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do i do with these tabs???? this rear diffuser is from my dads work, he designed the SAP, so i got this for free[:D]

ok now my ? is what do i do with the tabs??? did you guys that have this dremel holes in ur bumper or shave this off??? or wat???? and y didnt u guys use the wind supports so it doesnt flap up and down at highway speeds (see below)

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Why don't you ask your Dad?

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,803 Posts
the rear diffuser is mounted on a slightly different bumper then the non sap bumper so if you want it to work, you have to do some rigging.

·
Registered
524 Posts
A couple of the longer tabs, like the 1st and 4th in your picture, you'll want to use for mounting the diffuser to your bumper. You'll get a more snug fit if you dremel in slots, but you don't have to. And the wind box thingies won't fit on our bumoer set up, not enough room. But I've driven behind my car on the highway and not noticed any buffeting. If you search SAP and Orange you should find the thread where I posted pics of mine. Also there are some pics inside the Hypill Auto area where he did this. You got more questions PM me. Sidenote, if you take your rear wheels off, its a TON easier to get your bumper off.

Link to Thread

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
he did design it......i got the SAP wing for the 4 door sittin in my room, had it for about a year and a half now lol, he was also designing the part on the fender and the bumpers for the ford adrenaline..but they canceled it... :( he said they took the base SVT rear bumper and made it fit the 4 door but he was thinking my SVT would have the holes for the tabs to insert into but with the stock valance there not needed so he was confused to why mine didnt have them. also he doesnt want me to [:)][:)][:)][:)] up my bumper thats y im posting this to see if you have to mod the SVT bumper

·
Registered
875 Posts
Haha, now I get what you were saying. I thought you had the SAP bumper as well. I was like "Why is he asking us when his dad designed the thing?"

Unfortunately I can't help with your problem, but sorry about my previous retarded post.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I know there are a couple people on FocalJet that did it, try pm'ing Ataru, im pretty sure he's an avid poster here as well, he did it on his SVTF and did a write up for it, you can pm him, he'll help you out! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts