Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 04 SVT without a sunroof, it's not stripped out base though. I have the factory sub and HIDs. I was just wondering if anyone had any numbers of SVTF's that were made without sunroofs, every other one i have seen has one. I prefer mine without, as it is i only have about a 1/4" clearance above my helmet when auto-xing

·
Registered
624 Posts
this isn't rare, many cars were not equipped with the sunroof SVT or otherwise. Having a sunroof does suck when it comes to headroom though

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know it's not uncommon for a standard zx3 not to have a sunroof.

·
Registered
624 Posts
many cars have them but, like many cars made with a fixed roof, the hard top usually outnumber the other options*

it would be interesting to know a breakdown of how these cars were equipped with certain options. Maybe the guy (Marti reports) that does the reports for the 67 and newer mustangs can be coaxed into providing his reports for the focus as well now that they are over 10 years old

*cars like the TT, z3, and viper don't count as they were originally intended as convertibles

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
My 02 has a sunroof but no hids. My buddys 03 has no sunroof but has the machs. Both of us have the stereo pack. Usually eaps have all the options and they are 2004's. 2002 svts came with black platic hatch trim like a normal zx3. 2003-04 came with color matched hatch trims

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
^^2004 non eap package right?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Are you sure?

Every SVT I have seen has had a sunroof.
I'd like to see a option layout of the focus.
I had a 02 Sonic Blue three door with the Winter Package, Audiophile and no sunroof. It was originally a New Jersey car.
The option combinations all depended on what the dealer ordered for stock or someone special ordered.

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
fordtech, do you have Jason's old turbo SVT? I know his didn't have one.
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The 3-4 that i have seen in my area all have sunroofs. I guess there are more than i thought. I still think there are more with than without, I have been wrong before though.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
My 02 has a sunroof but no hids. My buddys 03 has no sunroof but has the machs. Both of us have the stereo pack. Usually eaps have all the options and they are 2004's. 2002 svts came with black platic hatch trim like a normal zx3. 2003-04 came with color matched hatch trims
my 02 has no sunroof but a color matched trim. all svt should be color matched

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
I have a sunroof and love em.

I also have seen many SVTs with Sunroofs.

I bet its because all of the SVTs without are probably raced, wrecked and sitting in junkyards somewhere.

-Ray-

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

I bet its because all of the SVTs without are probably raced, wrecked and sitting in junkyards somewhere.

-Ray-
Yeah that's the direction mine is headed right now, between me and a few hard seasons of auto-x the exterior has gotten pretty beat up[bigcry]

·
Registered
528 Posts
My '04 also doesn't have a Sunroof

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
'03 SVT here....no sunroof, no traction control, no cold weather package. I Love it this way

1 - 20 of 21 Posts