Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, from using the search function I can see this is a common problem... any help or a link to the correct post would help..thanks!

So last night my check engine light comes on

Today I take it to autozone and it reads as a "Cylinder 4 misfire" He said to start by changing the spark plugs and ignition wires..

I go to my mechanic and it reads the same code. He says spark plugs are working great. He concluded I might have a blocked fuel injector.. The car is running fine...

how often are you suppose to change spark plugs and ignition cables? I had them changed about 21 or 22 k miles ago when I did my timing belt. Im at 81 k now, I changed them at 63 i think...

anyone ever have a clogged fuel injector? now what? he also said that running my fuel tank tooo low...to almost completely empty might block my fuel injectors.. that true?.. the last 2 times i gassed up i was so empty the little yellow gas reminder light came on.. can that do anything?... im stumped...

·
Mtn. Dew
7,223 Posts
If you changed the plugs and wires 21k miles ago, they should be fine.

Yes, if you run your car really low of gas it can clog up your injectors. All of the dirt settles to the bottom of the tank, then if you run it really low it will get run into the engine.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so I did what the mechanic recommended... added F.I.C and filled up with a higher octane gas. The light is still on.. do I have to reset it?

The car runs fine, I don't get it...

·
Banned
503 Posts
yes, disconnect ur neg cable to ur battary, let it sit for like 10 min. then reconnect it, now the light might turn off for a while, but if it comes back on, then its not fixed...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts