Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings. I have a 2005 Ford Focus ZX3 hatchback and I'm looking at getting my windows tinted. Currently, my windows are not tinted and my car is a dark red color with a black interior so it gets extremely hot here in the southern states. Tinting the windows should help cool my car interior.

Now, I don't need a perfect window tint job costing thousands of dollars (I don't think they cost that much, just exaggerating). However, I don't want a cheap tint job where the film peels off after a few months. I also don't want the tint to be so dark that it's illegal.

So, what would be a good estimate for a tint job for a Ford Focus hatchback with medium tinting?

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
I got mine in Chicago for 150. I got limo tint in the back and 35 percent in the front. prices vary tho

·
Registered
37 Posts
35 rear 45 front i think is wat i had im my jeep dark enough to keep the sun out light enough to see out of at night

and i never got pulled over for it

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Prices for tint will vary shop to shop and maybe moreso state to state. So it'd be in your best interest to find a reputable local shop to call and get a quote (vs the internet).

Far as how dark of tint to go,
Front windows according to Florida State Law ... If I'm reading that correct you can go 25% on the front windows legally.
Back windows according to Florida State Law ... If I read this one correct you can go 15% legally on the back windows.

Both those are pretty dark and should suit anyone's darkest tint dreams. Here in Minnesota we are limited to 50% tint.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
When you call around ask what kind they use.

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
Find a place that has a good reputation and that uses a tint with a lifetime warranty. It should cost somewhere between $150-250 for a focus. This all depends on the tint used and the shop doing it. Most places carry different lines of tint, so prices will go up or down depending on which you choose.

If you look at my gallery, my car has 50% for the driver and passenger door and 15% for the rears. I believe mine was right around $200 with tax.

·
@redwoodone
9,432 Posts
Yeah pretty much anywhere between $150 and $200 would be reasonable, assuming they're not using black construction paper for tint. Just make sure you go to a good shop. The hatch is a pain in the balls to tint, and if not done right.. will start to peel very quickly. Mine was peeling when I bought the car, so no clue how long it lasted. But keep that in mind.

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
Asking, "How much will it cost to tint my windows?" is much like asking "How much will it cost to paint my car?"

It all depends on the material, and quality of the job. I know for the lifetime warranty ceramic tint for my ZX3 I was quoted $350.

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Moved to "First Generation Ford Focus"

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
Mine cost $100 for 5 windows, any %, with lifetime warrenty.
Posted via FF Mobile

1 - 11 of 11 Posts