Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so for those of you who've repainted your foci..

how much did you pay.

I'm going to get an average from all of you to have a number to start saving for. the shops around here are closed today or i'd call around and ask.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Ask around at different shops. Prices can vary greatly depending on where you go. Ask to see pictures of previous work. They should work with you to decide what kind of quality level you're looking for. I would expect to spend a few thousand for a quality paint job.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
maaco will also steal your shit and give you a car with fingerprints, painted windows and trim and an over all crappy look.. sorry i refuse to go to maaco.. a few freinds of mine worked there and the stuff they got away with is insane. plus they won't do what color i want.

i'm going for a metalic gunmetal grey

·
Registered
774 Posts
I would say anywahere from 1400 and up for full prep and paint. If you know how to do, or read up a little and do the prep work yourself it will save you BIG cash. prep is a lot of time and if you eliminate that, or a least minimize it, it will save you money. Talk with with whatever shop u decide to go with and ask them some specifics on prep. A good shop will hook you up with information to help prep the car.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just wondering if you notice you have directional tires.. and they are going the wrong direction

i'm wanting a few clear coats as well as the regular.. i found one place that charges about 1200 for the full thing, prep, 3 color coats, 2 clear coats, and a uv proctection coat. with a lifetime warranty on cracking peeling and exssesive(SP?) color fade

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
damn, i just got a quote of 4k to do a 2tone job on mine including all jambs including cracks and creases. this includes Sikken paint and oven baking.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
could also be where you live.. i see alot of lower cost body shop jobs here in cali since there are so friggin many shops around... one even offered to throw in repainting my hood when the repair my fender for free.. (i've since then repaired my fender myself.)

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
but.. where did you have your's done.. you're not too far for me to drive for a decent deal.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts