Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I asked before if anyone can make this and I had a few responces. Problem is I didn't write down the user name so I can't respond again. Well any ways here it goes. My steeda hood is has a little piece of fiberglass to hold the prop rod. If I use it it will break through the hood. What I need is a piece of metal oval shaped with the cutouts in it for the prop rod. This will be pop rivioted over my fiberglass to be able to support the weight of the hood. The dimensions are 1 1/4 inches by 2 3/4 inches for the total part. The holes can be the same size as stock as the prop rod is stock. The only other thing is I need two small holes one at both end so I can drill the same size holes and pop riviot them in my hood. I am a dummy but this is the best I can explain. Please I know someone else has had to have similar problems and had to fix it somehow. Here are a few pics please pm for any other questions or a price to make one.

·
my car breaks!
2,103 Posts
why don't you just go get a good dremel and a small peice of 1/4 inch aluminum from lowes of home depot and cut it yourself?

then you'll have the dremel for future use aswell?

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
well, i'm located around columbus ohio, let me know if you need help once you decide your gameplan.

·
Registered
295 Posts
You could also get the actuator hood lifts or whatever they are called, they have some at redline racing, and some on european parts as well, then you could get rid of the stock support altogether.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
oh wait, you dont want to fabricate a new hood prop, just a plate to rivet to your hood?

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes would aluminum be strong enough and yes I never thought of that just afraid I would screw it up not abig fan of anything body work associated

·
my car breaks!
2,103 Posts
well you can't screw it up with a dremel, i met you for a moment at the big g2g in columbus, your car is bad ass, just have some comfidance to do it. i know you can.... you never know unless you try. and yeah aluminum would be plenty stong, thats when stock hoods are made of. if i still had my old hood i'd just cut mine off and give it to you.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks I decided to do it myself this week

1 - 8 of 8 Posts