Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a pretty big range of numbers on used SVTs so I was hoping to get some input on what I should ask for and realistically expect to receive for my '03. (Hate to sell it, but in a moment of weakness last week I put down a deposit on a new Golf R scheduled for delivery in Jan.)

So my question is what do you think I could reasonable expect to get for this car? I plan on putting it up on Craigslist/web-sales sites sometime in the next few weeks.

Specs:

2003 Focus SVT 3 door w/ 55,200 miles
Silver metallic paint
Black leather w/ red cloth accent interior

Options:

- Winter package (heated seats, heated mirrors, engine block heater)
- HID lights
- Premium audio w/ CD changer and sub
- moon-roof

The good:
- Mechanically runs great, I am the original owner with all service records (Just had new alternator installed by dealer last week)
- Very clean car, interior is impeccable, very well maintained (you can clearly tell it's my wife's car)
- Paint looks great, some small swirls and scratches for 8 year old car, but no dents dings etc.
- New Conti extreme contact DWS all-season tires (less than ~1k miles)
- Have extra pair of used oem SVT wheels w/ used Toyo rubber on them

The bad:
- A few scrapes over the years required body panel replacement here and there. (no accidents ever at speed, car was parked on a few different occasions when another car brushed into it, Boston parking is a sport to some) No mechanical issues as a result and no visible body work differences, looks great.
- Oem driver side mirror is black instead of silver, mirror got knocked off while parked and I just did not paint the plastic cover of the mirror.
- Small rust patch by rear hatch keyhole, and small rust patch under passenger wheel well.

Overall its a low miles, well maintained fully optioned stock '03 SVT that drives and looks great. What do you think I should expect to get for it up here in the Boston area?

Like I said up top and to avoid potentially breaking any forum rules, this is not a sales thread, but with the wide range of prices for used SVTs that I've seen, some help from a experienced user base would be really helpful to me.

Thanks so much.

Brendan

·
Registered
341 Posts
Go "Appraise Your Car" at Edmunds.com.

But I'm guessing $5,500 tops - with the low mileage helping, and the rust hurting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, I've done the Edmunds thing but then look at this huge range of values online and realistically am just trying to get a general idea of what to expect. Private party estimate is right along your guess of $6500 with a dealer high of ~$7600 but then I see ads at the extremes asking over $8k and others below $5k.

Figured it was worth asking.

Thanks

B.

·
Registered
341 Posts
My first thought was $6,500, but then changed it to $5,500 upon reflection.

I'd hope for $6,500, settle for $5,500...

The good news, however, is that the values of these cars have been holding steady - even going UP - the past few years, at least according to Edmunds (where I've been checking the "value" of mine just for kicks since Feb. '09). I've also found Edmunds to be more fair and accurate than NADA or KBB.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I had basically the same car as you but a 5 door with 67k and it recently got totaled out and insurance gave me the NADA value which was pretty good. They also added on the tax and plate/reg. Got almost 8500 for it.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
Heck, there is a guy up here(private Party on craigslist)that has one a lot like yours and he thinks it's worth 12 freakin grand!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts