Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The 2014 Focuses are still on the lot. How much less are they worth to you?

I ask because I'm looking to get a good deal right now on the 2014 ST, and at the moment, I'm not too impressed with the deals I'm being offered. Dealers are taking $2500 - $3000 off the MSRP (before incentives). I'm only looking at blue ST's which is probably not helping.

What are your thoughts?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to the purchasing center section.

·
Registered
8 Posts
As I just posted in the other forum, a $7100 discount off of a $20K MSRP did it for me. SE, not ST, but this was the best deal on the lot. Fiestas and Focus S's were not as cheap. Not a demo, October 2014 build.

Still trying to figure out the catch. Meanwhile, the car is in our driveway and the deal is done.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jeez. That's crazy.

Generally dealers won't go lower than invoice unless they are desperate to get a car off their lot. Under the best normally occuring circumstances, they will sell you at invoice meanwhile Ford tosses in a few grand in incentives -- but that probably wouldn't add up to the 7k below MSRP.

I have heard that if a certain car stays on their lot too long, they lose part of the holdback. Maybe that's why.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Holdback on a focus is probably $300. Dealer markup on a ST is probably only between 2k and 3k so don't expect huge discounts, especially since the 15s aren't out

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Holdback on a focus is probably $300. Dealer markup on a ST is probably only between 2k and 3k so don't expect huge discounts, especially since the 15s aren't out
I thought holdback was 3% for domestic brands. That would make the holdback from a $20,000 vehicle $600.

There are also sometimes additional incentives such as bonuses for high sales volume.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
As I just posted in the other forum, a $7100 discount off of a $20K MSRP did it for me. SE, not ST, but this was the best deal on the lot. Fiestas and Focus S's were not as cheap. Not a demo, October 2014 build.

Still trying to figure out the catch. Meanwhile, the car is in our driveway and the deal is done.
7k before incentives?

I bought an escape recently for 7k under msrp but that included incentives

·
Registered
8 Posts
after all incentives. In my driveway, tax, title, and fees paid, for $14K. If I paid MSRP it would have been well over $21K. There is probably only about $2600 in markup and holdbacks, and the published incentive that I found was $3500 for FMCC financing.

They had about 10-15 cars that they were giving similar deals on.

Another dealer told me that there was no way that he could match the deal (he had the same car in stock), and that I would be nuts not to take it. Car was an October build, delivered to dealer in November, and had 28 miles on the odometer. Purchased 1/3.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts