Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
FoFo Lover.
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've been a bad driver this last year with three speeding convicitons within 6 months.... I've since been a driving saint and WILL not get any more tickets.... My question, how can I get lower car insurance? And how much do you pay?

The Convictions were:
35 in a 25 residential. (Late for Thanksgiving Dinner) November
70 in a 60 (Thought the Limit was 65....) February
85 in a 65 (Late for a final, reduced to 80 in a 60.) April

I'm a College Student
C+ Average
Drive a 4dr SE Focus
I'm 19yrs old
I have Geico

I Pay $1500 every six months for insurance. HELP!

Kevin

·
Registered
78 Posts
im 17 and i was paying 900+ for six months with only 1 speeding ticket doing 35 in a 20 [?|] ( i was just being stupid) but anyway that was with full coverage. this year i said screw it and took off [scratch] dont know what the word is but (the part where they pay me for my car if i hit someone and its my fault) and it went from 150+ payments a month to 80 a month now if you have a salvaged car like mine this would be the best route for you i think its like $2500 or less you have the option to take it off if you are not leasing your car and its paid off completely
-Hawkins-
otherwise mail order brides are cheap nowadays [vommit] [hihi]

·
☼
7,494 Posts
or get married! I only pay $58 a month for full coverage and im 20, but im not a speed demon either. I have a good record and got married...
You're married at 20? Damn.. my girlfriend of (almost) 6 years wants to get married within 4, and I think THAT is too close.. I'd only be 26.

·
Michael J. Caboose
6,512 Posts
Well, I just got married last year AND I just turned 25 a few days ago...I got done talking with my Insurance Lady (she's freaking awesome) and it's going to save me another $200/6 months. I have both me and my wife on their with full coverage and my new payments should be right at $100 per month. [thumb]

Frank, you got some cold feet about tying the knot? j/k [;)]

·
☼
7,494 Posts
Frank, you got some cold feet about tying the knot? j/k [;)]
I just don't see the point.. if you're happy together without it why bother? Marriage has been totally commercialized and overemphasized. I've been with my girlfriend for almost 6 years and we're fine, I don't see why we have to do something that is unnecessary.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I just don't see the point.. if you're happy together without it why bother? Marriage has been totally commercialized and overemphasized. I've been with my girlfriend for almost 6 years and we're fine, I don't see why we have to do something that is unnecessary.
Its cheaper for everything! Taxes mainly, but also if you love that person enough then you wanna know that your going to spend the rest of your life with them, than you do like me and give her your last name!!!! I'm also a Christian so I believe in marriage and not just screwin around whenever I feel like it. I guess if you feel that you don't need to be married to express your love, then don't...it's totally your choice! But like I told my friend. If your not sure, any doubts, then don't do it b4 you waste money and end up going through a rough devorce!

·
Banned
9,238 Posts
19 years old, one point on my record.

$770 every 6 months for two cars. [:D]

Esurance FTW!

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,797 Posts
clean record, 21, M $1153 a year. IT all depends on your deductible, liabalities, medical coverage ect.

·
FoFo Lover.
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah I just have VA minimums.... which is I think 25,000/50,000 or something like that..... I just need to install a flux capacitor and speed to 88mph so that I can be 25 already... :D

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
25 w/ one wreckless 96 in a 65 three years ago, along with a 66 in a 45 two years ago, along with my wifes perfect record and I'm sitting at $717 for 6 months. Although that might include the most recent one that I'm getting dropped in court though - 37 in a 25...? So it may go down...

I'm thinking about checking out USAA, and seeing how they compare..

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
i pay 125 a month for my 87 jeep pdl and my 07 focus full coverage

secret is to get a beater car with pdl on it then a month later add the full coverage car and the rates are considered as a adult male driver, whereas the pdl is your 19 year old male status
also in the winter i park it for a month or two so my jeep appears as my main car

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
Nice.... Now is Geico the cheapest?
In my case...HELL NO.

I pay $260/month with Allstate (the cheapest I could get) for liability on my '94 Chevy 1500 and full coverage on my '01 Focus. I was dropped by Alfa due to my driving past (or I could've taken the option of paying $300/month for just the Focus...uh...no).

It's dropping to $199/month next month, and around $150 in September!

[woot]

·
Registered
156 Posts
Holy shit!! Up here in Canada, B.C. in particular we only have one insurance company run by the government I.C.B.C. For my new Focus, clean drivers record, no accidents in over 10 years, I pay over $2000 for the year. One car, my wifes 2003 Malibu is just under $1700/yr. You guys have it easy, even if your a shitty driver.

·
Made In The USA
2,010 Posts
was paying 58.oo (full coverage) a month with my 01 SE Foci

now paying 85.oo a month (full coverage) on my 07 ST

1 - 20 of 40 Posts