Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just throwing this out to settle my own curiosity. To take my Amazon Green and turn it into say a Metallic Silver or something, how much would it cost do you guys think? I've never had a car painted before but I've been toying with the idea..........unless it's say a 4 g job.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
to do it right it is at least 4g. you could do the macco job at $600 but that doesn't include doing the door jams and such.. and there paint and paint prep sucks. It would be cheaper to sell your focus and find one you like in the right color. I used to paint kenworth trucks and did side jobs.. trust me.. it is that much or more to paint a car properly

·
Registered
310 Posts
I paid 4500 for my entire car, including engine bay and jams, to be painted a completely different color. Oh, that was just for the pain, not even including the body molding I had done...

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah screw that........just buy a car in the color I want next time. Thanks for the info everyone.

·
Registered
33 Posts
cheap ass MAACO paint job in black was $300 for the body.. door jams were $50 bucks each, and hatch and underhood were $75 each.. so $550 all together on a hatch.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think I can find better ways to spend a few G's on my car so the paint job has been yipped big time. LIke I had said though, I was just toying with the idea. Next time I'm just gonna buy a Silver car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts