Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone, how much hp can i push out with all boltons and not going fi? thanks

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
im going to guess somewhere around 150whp? maybe more, im not sure. unfortunately focus's dont seem to respond aswell to some mods like other cars do.

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
yes fofo almost needs FI to make nice power, avg hp with FI is like 220hp usually 220whp

·
Registered
420 Posts
135 hp with every bolt-on possibly, including chips and tunes but no FI?

That doesn't sound right

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
That depends what you mean by bolt ons. I know that 165 hp to the wheels is about what you can get if you do most of the mods available (intake, exhaust, header, tune, camps, UDP, ported manifold, TB...what am I forgetting...). Goat Roper had around 200hp at the crank, and that was without FI, but since then he has switched over to a supercharger.

·
Mtn. Dew
7,223 Posts
SlammedZX3WI said:
135 hp with every bolt-on possibly, including chips and tunes but no FI?

That doesn't sound right
With stock cams, which most do not consider a bolt on, you won't break 135 NA.

·
Registered
384 Posts
With bolt ons you probally wont hit the 150 mark.... 130 sounds like the max for bolt ons.

If you crack the motor open and go higher compression and larger cams, well then we can really say. 200hp all motor is possible but not cheap or easy or reliable.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
135whp sounds about right

·
Registered
420 Posts
I kinda consider every engine a bolt-on, except going fi

NA cars are called NA because they have basically maxed the engine out but didn't do it via fi

·
Registered
958 Posts
not to be a prick but arent there like 2 or 3 other threads about the exact same thing floating around?

anyways, yeah prolly about 160 whp is about the max...thats everything w/o fi...including big cams, cam gears, milled and p&p'd head, and good dyno tuning

if u get a ported intake mani then i hear they're good for another few at the wheels

1 - 12 of 12 Posts