Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been hearing different things and I am trying to get down to the bottom of this!

How much Horse Power and Torque Can a stock Zetec (internals) handle (non SVT)??

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lil_RedZX3 said:
That depends on whether we're talking NA or FI?

Both NA & FI! I don't think there is much of a difference with the HP only when it comes to the Torque.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Stop yelling. We read you loud and clear WITHOUT the bold large font.

TainOE said:
I have been hearing different things and I am trying to get down to the bottom of this!

How much Horse Power and Torque Can a stock Zetec (internals) handle (non SVT)??

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Re: How much HP & TQ can STock Internals support??

osiris_vdc said:
Stop yelling. We read you loud and clear WITHOUT the bold large font.
Stop yelling??? Am I hurting your Ears?? What a clown! You wasted space and you did not even answer the question. You really need to get a hobby!

I have heard 260hp to the crank is about it but then again I have heard that the zetec internals can easily do 300hp.

What are the facts??

·
Registered
169 Posts
Just for my reference when you say internals do you mean Cams, Gears, Pistons...... cause if thats the case I have to agree with your last reply. I've heard about 300hp; could be more...

·
Registered
53 Posts
We made 585 whp with a stock crank and stock block. Well the block did have billit 4 bolt main caps, but other than that it was stock. We still have that setup as a spare. I can back this up so please don't think this is BS. Also, this was done with allot of other aftermarket internals but just wanted to let you know my experience with the crank and the block.

·
Registered
633 Posts
nice!! this is definitely nice to hear for the simple fact i am boosting on stock internals. putting my kit on this weekend b4 i leave for school

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dragfocus said:
We made 585 whp with a stock crank and stock block. Well the block did have billit 4 bolt main caps, but other than that it was stock. We still have that setup as a spare. I can back this up so please don't think this is BS. Also, this was done with allot of other aftermarket internals but just wanted to let you know my experience with the crank and the block.
Thanks for the reply. But what I really want to know is, How much HP & TQ can a stock bottom end support. I mean Stock block, crank, pistons, etc... Just for additional info, I am not worried about the top end such as the head, cams, etc...

I just want to Know how much the stock block with no modification can support???

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
dragfocus said:
We made 585 whp with a stock crank and stock block. Well the block did have billit 4 bolt main caps, but other than that it was stock.
You sure that wasn't a CGI bock? Thats alot of power on a engine without oil squirters.

·
Registered
135 Posts
You dont need oil squirters, thats over rated. If you have eagle rods and Wiseco pistons (coated) squirters are not needed.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Oil squirters are far from over rated, and at that power level (585hp) I'll bet that is NOT a stock zetec or SVT block.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Can I yell also??? Ouch my ears are hurtin... I have yet to see any kind of #`s like that from ANY stock block that would survive after the dyno results were in... So to answer your question NOT EVEN MAYBE... I would not run more than 10#(poss 12#) on stock internals. I have the proof on the floor in my shop. More than 270 at the wheel WILL scatter your lower-end into scrap metal and give you a very large paperweight for your office. This was attempted by muah and the tune was very safe. I hope that helps you. And PLEASE just for your information. Jumbo by huge type set is like yelling on the threads.....

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LOL, What is the obsession over the font I use. It is for the visually impaired! LOL

Thanks for the info. 270 whp but what about TQ??

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'd like to see a very safe tune, there is no way that the 270 whp was a safe tune. That alone "very safe" means very doubtfull.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Tom ran over 300whp on a NON SVT, it did use race gas but the internals were stock.... at 18psi

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Quote "I'd like to see a very safe tune, there is no way that the 270 whp was a safe tune. That alone "very safe" means very doubtfull."

Oh Yee of little faith..........jkkookkookclock or what ever.. You make me laugh.. Thanks for the input and all the usefull info you have supplied to this thread.

·
Registered
53 Posts
03OrangeSVT said:
You sure that wasn't a CGI bock? Thats alot of power on a engine without oil squirters.
I'm sure it is a stock block, I have both. The CGI block got hurt and we needed something, so we just tried it. And as for the person that started this thread that is about as stock as it gets. At least you know what was stock, just becuase it had 4 bolt main caps is not why it stayed together. Sometimes those can be more trouble than there worth. I would venture to say it would have stayed together either way.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Dragfocus, they are never going to believe you unless you post some kind of hard undisputable evidence. I must admit, it is an awesome statement.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts