Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how much horsepower does my 2002 focus zx3 have stock. ive got a CAI on it, but i really doubt it gives it that much of a boost. what are some ways to help increase horsepower.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Jackson Racing put a 2001 Focus ZX3 manual on their dyno and it had 103.4 hp and 110.7 ft lb of torque.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so compared to most other 4 cylinders out there, such as dodge neons and cavaliers and cars of that nature. how does the foci rate as far as speed and hp to those? like, say someone pulled up next to me in a gawdy looking civic. revved his engine. could i take him? ive never attempted to race anyone, because of the fear of hurting my manly ego haha.

·
Mtn. Dew
7,223 Posts
It's pretty close between cavaliers and neons. Civics it's hard to tell, if it's not an Si and it's stock you should kill it.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
your best bet is to put a side about 1000 bucks over time, and them buy an good exhaust, MRBP is the best cost-performance wise, cams, cam gears, perhaps a tune. and basic things like that and you should be able to kill neons,civic ect.

If you want to get suspension parts that would help a little bit. JEGS offers a traction bar for like 150 bucks.

edit sorry its 235. If your into pulling up to cars and smoking them this will help. I dont think anyone has this on focus fanatics
http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stor...atalogId=10002&storeId=10001&categoryId=27389

1 - 8 of 8 Posts