Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to know how much money people have paid to have there windows tinted! Im looking to have my front 3 done as my back 3 are done already! Any info would help. Thanks!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Any more than $90 for the windows, and that should include a warranty, is pure profit for the tinters.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
I got a ZX5, all windows tinted, 20% with warranty, paid only $110

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
they are in the business for profit man so it makes sense to charge more than 90 :) anyway, expect from 100-120 make sure they use a quality film tho and u get a warranty. u dont want it turnin purple and smelly on u!

·
Registered
951 Posts
I usually pay around $150 for my tinting. Didn't have to pay for the Focus as it already came with tinted windows. I grew up in the desert in Palm Springs, CA and it's a must to have tinted windows, high demand, high price. I think everyone has a lifetime warranty these days and if they don't........stay away.

·
Registered
310 Posts
The labor and tint itself only cost any tint shop roughly $35-50. So, they also are in the business to deal with customers on pricing. $90 is reasonable to negotiate. They make their cash and you've got your tint.

·
Registered
150 Posts
$250 for my windows but that was in an 8 window car, with lifetime warranty against cracking, peeling, or turning purple. 6% all around.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok thats not bad! Do you know if it cost more for darker tint or should that not matter?

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Well, I don't know.
Like Lil_Red said, I got 35% all around for $150.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I don't know my pecentages or anything, but I got the legal amount all the way round and darker on the back windows for $140 and that was including a tint strip on the windshield. That included a limited lifetime warranty as well.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
legal is normally 35%. 20% is my favorite, 5% is limo and is just too dark IMO there should be a dif in price for different darkness, but u may get taxed for them tinting it illegally u know.

·
Broken cars s[:)][:)][:)] :(
18,832 Posts
actually I got mine done for 90 bucks at 35% and it woulda been the same price to get any of the others done, 20 or 5% .....The guy I got mine done from is a russian dude so thats why he don't tax on the illegal stuff he jstu has to have his thing that says illegal on the display and it'd 90 bucks all around :) I have a zx3...my friend derek with a zx5 I think paid 120 or 110

·
Registered
187 Posts
EuroZX3 said:
they are in the business for profit man so it makes sense to charge more than 90 :) anyway, expect from 100-120 make sure they use a quality film tho and u get a warranty. u dont want it turnin purple and smelly on u!
what is considered a quality film? i'm thinkin about gettin my tinted in the future, so i might as well research a bit now

·
Registered
161 Posts
u guys are lucky being able to tint all around... here in VT, it's illegal to tint any of the front 3 windows.
The price I got quoted was $100 for the rear three, and it's commercial quality wtuff with a lifetime warrenty.

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
Paid $150 on my ZX5. No extra for darker tint on the rear 3 windows.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts