Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of building my own turbo kit in the next year or so. I have thought about with and without an intercooler. I've come to the conclusion that I should stick with an intercooler because I may end up going bigger later and it would just save money in the long run. I've already sourced a manifold, turbo, intercooler, oil lines, reflash/tune, etc all the little parts. However I am not a welder. I know a few people who can weld, not well, but can weld. I wouldn't really trust them so bringing it to a metal/exhaust shop is my plan.

Sorry for the long post, but here's the question: about how much would it cost to have the pipes cut and bent for both the intercooler and the turbo itself?

·
Registered
61 Posts
do you want a charge pipe kit, you can buy universal ones with almost all the bends you need on ebay cheep 100-150 with couplers. or are you talking steel charge pipe welded.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The ebay ones sound good if they can hold up to the temps, especially the ones off the turbo inlet (near the comperssor for intake). The exhaust side of the turbo would be very hot and since its all "basically" one piece, well bolted together anyway, wouldn't the intake side get hot?

If anyone has had any experience with the ebay kits, please tell. But a price range on welded steel pipes would be nice too, even if for nothing but a reference.

J

·
0 Posts
Too bad you are soooo far away.[:)] I have a shop that does that kind of work but I'm in central FL . I did the oil pan that was on the [1st but not my last] thread. Officialy it wasn't my first[:0]. If I had some dems. on your setup it wouldnt be too tough to spin one up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts