Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Spunky!!!
5,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just curious, how much would it be to get a sunroof installed and where could I go to get it done?[???:)]

---:::If anyone got one done, how do you like it?

·
Registered
891 Posts
I put one in my old 02 SE.

Fully Electrical sunroof - $370 , somewhere from UK.
It took me like a day to put it in, and the result was AWASOME!
I really don't know where you would find one, it took me a lil while to track that one down.
For a shop to do it...you might be looking at over a G

·
Spunky!!!
5,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sounds like it was nice!! to me, the price seems reasonable since it was electrical... my foci is all electric. i would really love a sunroof... esp. when spring break/summer is almost here! lol

·
Registered
699 Posts
Amazing, lol, my car came with a sunroof and I hardly ever use it...maybe it's because the sun burns my already tan skin when it shines through.

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
You know the focus also came with a manualy operated sunroof you had to crank the lever just like rolling down a window! Did you try google? I'm sure there someone out there that makes them I've seen them for other cars.

·
Spunky!!!
5,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haha... get some limo tint... can cops still give you a ticket if its tinted that dark? that would be really gheyyy if they did!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
take it from someone who used to install sunroofs and such semi-proffessionally (i say that because it was at ziebart) =D however aftermarket sunroofs have notoriously bad seals. Take it through a high pressure car wash after you put it in you"ll see what i mean. so i really don't advise it; however, you are looking at about 800 dollars to have it done well. remember w/ installation anything where you are cutting into the main body supports GET IT DONE PROFESSIONALLY PLEASE! as i recall the focus has a main bulkhead running right down the center of the roof. i'm not 100% anymore so please dont hold me to that. (anyone have a definate answer?) you can get a good kit online for about 300$ also dont cheap out on these because the cheap universal ones use crap plastic or imperfect plexi. the good ones will use a really nice shock resistant material (look for this when you buy it)

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I had an aftermarket pop-up sunroof installed 3 1/2 years ago into an Olds Intrigue, for $400, and I never regretted it for a minute. It was installed by Classic Soft Trim, a reputable national auto upholstry chain. The one they installed was a SFC/CRL Newport; the finished job looked as good as OEM (if pop-ups were still being installed) except for the "buttons" above the glass. Not a hint of a leak, easy to operate, easy to remove and stow in the trunk.
For more info: http://www.crlaurence.com/ProductPages/showLine.asp?GroupID=153&Path=::6986::149::153

·
Registered
891 Posts
there is a support bar that you have to cut...it's no big deal. It's only there so the roof doesnt flop up and down. Just make sure to measure like 5 times before you cut...otherwise ur gonna be in trouble. My sunroof never leaked...I had it for 2 years...but then again it was well installed. The look on my neighbours face was priceless when he saw me slicing up the roof [scratch] [80?] hahaha

google INALFA EVENT 300 series thats what i had and it was perfect.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
i was told like 1k from roman cheriot and a few others told me about 700-900 dollars so its not cheap ill deal without it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts