Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i live in maine so i dont know how much of a drop is too much. i looked at the tien springs that would bring it down like an inch and a half, but would two inches be too much with 17s on the often sucky roads up here?

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
depends on what size tires allot of peope ride with 17 and 2 inch drop I gurantee your road isn't worse than mine either I don't even have gravel it is a old farmers path that they slung rocks on to drive I say go as low as you want but learn to drive acordingly as you will scrape on stuff you didn't before

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya, i have a gen1 tiburon with 18s, dont know if you have seen em but they sit pretty low. i learned real quick to drive around bumps, i bent the lip on one rim a couple weeks after getting it.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I only have steeda ultra lite 17 but I am running a 215 45 17 so pretty tall tire only have rubbing on extreme bumps only have 1 1/2 drop taking it off to put svt springs on it though as I hit too much stuff myself putting the springs on my wife car though

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys, i just bought this thing and selling my tiburon so of course first thing is rims. just didnt know if the drop would be too drastic, no kit or anything, so im not too worried. thanks again.

·
Registered
789 Posts
i'm stationed in Missouri and the roads out here suck worse than any place i've been in my car, which is all over the place, and i have a two inch drop with 17's and the only thing i have to worry about is the entrance of driveways and a lot of parking lots. but my body kit does sit about 3 1/2 inches off the ground

·
Registered
557 Posts
I have the Prokit and i wouldnt go any lower. But i am also running on 215-45-17's

·
Registered
800 Posts
i'm stationed in Missouri

i was born at ft lenard wood, is that where u are focusfreak

·
Registered
789 Posts
^nah i'm at whiteman

·
Registered
789 Posts
^ if you had my body kit on you car it would get shattered probably the first day. on my car it sits about 3 inches off the ground and i scrape and bump stuff all of the time and on your car it would sit about 2 1/2 inches

1 - 12 of 12 Posts