Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
The Professor
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well there is a guy in the town where I teach who went to NJ to pick up a Modified Civic SI (99-00 model), and has been bragging about how fast it is telling people about how he can shift at 9 grand, and thinks he can outrun new Mustangs and crap. Well I know this guy and we are okay and stuff, and I know he would never run his mouth to ME because I got stuff that will stomp him bad. He also knows that my little ZETEC isn't very modified. Well to make a long story short he was in front of me after I left work and I figured he would try something. As he took off from a light just as you turn onto the 4 lane he stood on it. So did I (at a roll) and spun like hell, grabbed second and went sideways! (I must have a good running stock-cammed ZETEC) I still managed to pull within a car length of him but could not go around. I was gaining a little bit with each shift I think, and I think he knew it too. At about 95 mph he braked and slowed down. I pulled along side and dropped it into 4 and he got on his too. My torque pulled him, I hit 100 in 4th and pulled 5th, but from about 90 to 110 my computer started to pull timing and shit just before the speedlimiter kicked in so he gained and caught me by when I hit the limit. He didn't try to go around. I have a Ford Chip, but it is getting re-burned for some recent mods, so I was factory. I headed towards the interstate, and a nice steep on-ramp where I would kill him, but he truned off and truned around. I just hope he knows better that to run his mouth, because that is pretty pathetic for as much as this SI is supposed to be modified. People claim it is the fastest car in that town. Yea right! Tell that to my Mustang or Lightning, or the guy with the '03 Cobra! Or my Focus in a month...[;)]

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
haha nice one

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
was this si blue with a buncha bolt ons and a so called built motor?

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
LOL....good story. Was this the same guy that you were talkin about a few weeks ago or something different?

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Why do guys who drive Honda's, Acura's think Ohhhh, there is a focus let me go and pick on it. I get soooo sick and tired of having Motor's reved at me when I 'm just driving down the road. It's like dog's pissing on tree's......I just dont get it, must be a guy thing.....JK

Sorry, I was waiting in the car line this morning to drop my daughter off at school and some punk in a Honda slowed down just to rev up at me.....

Sorry to rant, must be that time of the month.....[:D]

Glad your friend got it from ya, I'm sure it will shut him up for a while at least. Good Run..

·
Registered
829 Posts
R&DSVTZX5 i have noticed the same thing. i especially think its funny when i let someone else drive my car and someone starts to challenge them. they dont know what the hell is going on! i feel like saying ok just pull over and let me drive! you and ashley have nice wknds. if i dont get to write more today. [8)]

·
The Professor
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
UPDATE!

Talked to the guy the other day and the first thing he asked was if my car was an SVT (ha, ha). I told him "No, it's just a little 130hp ZX3...) Then he asked me what I had done (silence by now), so I told him. More silence... Then I asked him if he heard me spin and hit the reve limit, and he said "yes", then stood around a litle bit, and then walked away.

Funny!!!!

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Oh, how the mighty fall!!! He might have felt better if you told him "yes, my car is a SVT." I hope he has learned his lesson about messing with the Focus.....[:D]

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
LOL.

·
Registered
75 Posts
R&DSVTZX5 said:
Why do guys who drive Honda's, Acura's think Ohhhh, there is a focus let me go and pick on it. I get soooo sick and tired of having Motor's reved at me when I 'm just driving down the road. It's like dog's pissing on tree's......I just dont get it, must be a guy thing.....JK

Sorry, I was waiting in the car line this morning to drop my daughter off at school and some punk in a Honda slowed down just to rev up at me.....

Sorry to rant, must be that time of the month.....[:D]

Glad your friend got it from ya, I'm sure it will shut him up for a while at least. Good Run..
I hear you!!! why why why, the revving, the ricer flybys, i cant go out on a weekend without some civic, or neon, or whatever full of 16y/o kids bothering me...[rolleyes]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.