Focus Fanatics Forum banner

81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
I only have 38k miles & already did one clutch replacement + a new TCM & now since my powertrain expired in Nov ‘18, they said I’m out of luck. It’s pretty pathetic on their part actually.

Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile
The clutch/seal warranty was extended on 2012s-early 2014s to 7 years 100,000 miles...

https://ford.oemdtc.com/1650/14m01-dps6-transmission-clutch-shudder-transmission-input-shaft-seal-warranty-extension-2011-2014-ford-fiesta-focus

·
Registered
830 Posts

Well, idk honestly, bc when you read the fine prints on those statements there’s always loopholes & ‘certain’ vehicles etc. I already called Ford Customer Care & also talked to the Service Director at the Dealership & they acted as though they could care less & mentioned nothing about a 7yr/100k warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
87 Posts
Well, idk honestly, bc when you read the fine prints on those statements there’s always loopholes & ‘certain’ vehicles etc. I already called Ford Customer Care & also talked to the Service Director at the Dealership & they acted as though they could care less & mentioned nothing about a 7yr/100k warranty.

Call back and mention Program 14M01, and ask why your car isn't covered, as it was likely built before June 5th, 2013 (the build year and month should be on the door sticker)...

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I don't know if that's right. My 14 only went up to 60k miles under their warranty for clutch replacement

EDIT: I take that back. Mine is not an early 14. It has a July or August build date, so that would explain why it doesn't fall under the extended program

·
Registered
830 Posts
Call back and mention Program 14M01, and ask why your car isn't covered, as it was likely built before June 5th, 2013 (the build year and month should be on the door sticker)...

Production date on the inside of my door says 06/13. When I called Ford a few weeks ago they said nothing about an extended warranties on anything.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I called Ford again & it’s pointless. I honestly can’t take 2mins of a conversation over the phone with a Ford rep. that acts as though they have no idea about the 2012-2016 Focus DCT issues. I end up just hanging up the phone every time rather than wasting any more of my time with a clueless customer service rep that I can hardly understand. I’m done, the car is what it is. Yes, it looks good but will always drive like garbage.

Maybe I’ll just waste 35k on an RS, blow the head gasket’s & be stuck taking the bus for a few months? That might be the only way to wake me up & to start looking at other manufacturers.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I called Ford again & it’s pointless. I honestly can’t take 2mins of a conversation over the phone with a Ford rep. that acts as though they have no idea about the 2012-2016 Focus DCT issues. I end up just hanging up the phone every time rather than wasting any more of my time with a clueless customer service rep that I can hardly understand. I’m done, the car is what it is. Yes, it looks good but will always drive like garbage.

Maybe I’ll just waste 35k on an RS, blow the head gasket’s & be stuck taking the bus for a few months? That might be the only way to wake me up & to start looking at other manufacturers.

There's so many good compact cars out there if you want to stay compact. Toyota Corolla, Honda Civic, Mazda Mazda3...

My test-drive experience with a 2014 DCT-trans car pretty much confirmed what I feared so I kept my 5-spd.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Bummer; yours must have been built after the cutoff date. :(

Our 2014 was too...

I guess I’ll just keep driving it for as long as I can put up with the shuddering. It looks sporty & it’s excellent on MPGs so I’ll just roll with it & hope for the best. I’ve looked at the STs however I really don’t see that as an overall upgrade vs. a Titanium Hatch. The ST might look a little nicer on the exterior but the Titanium is much cheaper to insure, uses 87 & gets much better mpg & I’m not convinced I’d be happy daily driving a manual again. Plus I can’t see myself giving a dealer my car & then 10k in cash for an ST.
I’ve ruled out the RS due to the fact that dealers are so fond of them & sure it’s fast, but can I live it as a DD, get 18 mpg & fork out 35k for a Focus? I don’t see it happening.

·
Registered
87 Posts
While I don't think you will hurt anything by driving it, I'd shop around for another quote on getting it fixed. As I said, it was less than $1500 from our dealer last September...

·
Registered
8 Posts
My daughter's 2013 is back at the dealer...again after two transmissions and three TCM's. Her's just went over 100k so the first service action for the clutches is gone. I am hoping it's just another tcm went bad, but hers is jerking hard 1-2 and 2-3 and struggles to get over 45. Just so unimpressed with with transmission. They should have just replaced the whole with with a standard 6 speed.

·
Registered
830 Posts
My daughter's 2013 is back at the dealer...again after two transmissions and three TCM's. Her's just went over 100k so the first service action for the clutches is gone. I am hoping it's just another tcm went bad, but hers is jerking hard 1-2 and 2-3 and struggles to get over 45. Just so unimpressed with with transmission. They should have just replaced the whole with with a standard 6 speed.

If I could go back & do it over again, I would’ve just bought the Focus ST1. Of course I could do that now, however it’s going to cost me a lot of money. Any trade-in would be my ‘13 Hatch & about 10-12k cash to get into an ST. I really hate throwing money away on cars however I might eventually buy the ST or RS & call it a day.

81 - 93 of 93 Posts