Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright so I have a bent rear 16" alloy that leaks air, how much can I expect to pay if i take it to the stealership?

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
well, a dealership will not repair a bent rim, they will replace it...You need a wheel repair shop for that. If its a stock rim you may be able to score one at a salvage yard. Call the dealership and see how much the rim is first. Some are cheap and some are outrageous.

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
the place my dealer uses has been around 100 i think.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
just go to the junkyard and get a rim for around 20-30 bucks and then the tires mounted for other 18 bucks... and you are all set...

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
if you hit the rim enuf to bend the lip you may of actually warped the inner side of the rim outside looks perfectly round but when they spin it on a balancing machine you will see the warp around the inside.. I've never opted to repair a damaged rim I eiter make them into spares or scrap em and get another

I curbed both passengers once after being cutoff I took a hell of a chunk of aluminum off both no dents but when i went to replace them to winters they refused because they were both badly warped on the inside and they showed me (I bought 2 rims off these forums for something like $40-50 a piece and there like brand new and even came with 2 almost brand new tires )

·
Infidel
3,307 Posts
16" OEM Alloy wheels are $188 from Ford. Used and refurbished wheels run $80-$140 on eBay.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts