Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not looking for "I got it free from the dealership", or "it came with the car." I'm looking to see how much people actually paid a professional to install tint on their cars.

I just got a quote from Tint King at $250 for 35% all the way around, or $300 for 35% ceramic tint all the way around. Both come with lifetime warranties on cracking, bubbling, fading, etc.

·
Registered
366 Posts
^Geez that's crazy expensive I can get for $125 here in los angeles all around ,
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
I paid $260 for 5% all around and 50% on the windshield.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm...I wonder if it's just Massachusetts that's ridiculously expensive. I've only found two places in my area, and both are over $200 for 35% all the way around (excluding windshield).

·
Registered
249 Posts
$110 for a friend of mine to tint 30% all around and 15% brow. He use to work for custom sounds as a tinter.

EDIT: It's also the ceramic stuff and its made in the good ol' USA :D

·
Registered
49 Posts
I find tint shops to be a rip off. I worked at a flea market and could get It done for $60. Most of them charge pretty cheap and use decent film.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I find tint shops to be a rip off. I worked at a flea market and could get It done for $60. Most of them charge pretty cheap and use decent film.
Im a firm believer in you get what you pay for, and a flea market is the last place I would go for a tint job.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Haha, yeah, but at $60, did you really lose out? You could get four tint jobs for the price of one of mine D:

·
Unicorn Owner
2,757 Posts
I paid about $200-250 and got 35% front and 5% back and rear, you can get it cheaper. BUT the $60 tint they had where I got it was just that, tint. The tint I have on mine is the high quality heat blocking kind, and in Houston, IT'S WORTH IT! If you are only going for cheap and tint that makes it dark then shoot for around $50-$75, but $200-$300 sounds about right for the heat blocking tint.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I paid an even $200 for a 5 window tint. 35% front two, 15% back three. It's Llumar tint and has a lifetime nationwide warranty.

It's awesome.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I think around $150 for 5 windows of 3M tint, lifetime guarantee. I forgot the %s but my rears are probably 10-20 and the front would be somewhere around 20-30

1 - 14 of 14 Posts