Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there is an actual tint thread but that was for pics and people aren't posting prices.

I called two places, debating on which one to go to.

One was Ziebart: $290 + tax for the whole thing and a lifetime warranty. I had them tint my past car (2 door so only 3 windows total) and it was $200. Looked great though and never bubbled or anything.

The other place is Sun Control, they have a cheap tint option for $250 but no warranty or a ceramic tint with lifetime warranty for $369. That's a bit high I think.

How much was your tint and where did you get it put on?

·
Registered
967 Posts
Been quoted $300 for Formula 1 ceramic pinnacle - going to make the appointment on wednesday.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Been quoted $300 for Formula 1 ceramic pinnacle - going to make the appointment on wednesday.
Thats the exact tint that Sun Control wants $369 for... Not going with then now for sure. That's $70 over what they are going to charge you. not fair. Haha

·
Registered
166 Posts
Does tinting make significant difference on the inside? I have never tinted a car, so just curious.

·
Registered
123 Posts
i bought my tint from a local guy on ebay, precut and what ever shade i wanted for $40 shipped. very high quality tint, cut perfectly never had a problem, install it with a friend. the only problem i did have was my fault because havent quite perfected the curved glass on the back but took it to a shop and had the back window done 5% for $50. The guy on ebay goes by the name of elitetint. based out of a denver suburb

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I paid $300 for 35% Huper Optik ceramic tint installed all the way around (excluding windshield), lifetime warranty on everything but scratches.

·
Registered
301 Posts
$100 for 5% all around at a local shop in brevard, nc. not sure what type but i dont know it was ceramic and it has a lifetime warranty

·
Registered
362 Posts
It appears to be around $200-300 around here for these cars.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Does tinting make significant difference on the inside? I have never tinted a car, so just curious.
Most people may think it's for "looks" and yeah in some occasions it is, but if you get the right tint and done properly, it does serve a purpose. I live in Florida and I don't have tints yet. But in the middle of the summer heat/sun and got into my friend's car, there is a significant difference in temps, so much cooler/comfortable when getting in, helps out tremendously! Definitely getting them on my '12 Ti when I get it.

·
Registered
154 Posts
$235 full tint/lifetime warranty

·
Registered
492 Posts
$200 full tint including tax/lifetime warranty

·
Floods suck.
5,296 Posts
$130 full tint plus winshield strip, lifetime guarantee. 20% tint.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wow thanks for all your posts everyone. It looks like you can get some good deals if you go to different places. I don't think $290 is too much but I wish it was closer to $250.

I can't wait, ziebart is booked til next week. Hmm.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Here's a picture of my tint (with 50% front and 35% back--max legal tint here)

·
Registered
967 Posts
^^ Looks great. Im going to get 30% pinnacle all around around I think.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Most people may think it's for "looks" and yeah in some occasions it is, but if you get the right tint and done properly, it does serve a purpose. I live in Florida and I don't have tints yet. But in the middle of the summer heat/sun and got into my friend's car, there is a significant difference in temps, so much cooler/comfortable when getting in, helps out tremendously! Definitely getting them on my '12 Ti when I get it.
I agree 100% with the value of window tinting. To add, the window tint protects your interior as well. For the dash you will need other protection. I had Formula 1 installed in my 2000 Hyundai Elantra when it was new. It has sat in the California sun for years. Last year I had the car painted. The window tint remains as good as it was installed new. I had the Formula 1 Pinnacle installed in our new Focus. The clarity is much better than the older Formula 1.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts