Focus Fanatics Forum banner

921 - 940 of 973 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Dude the leather interior quality for example is no where close. It's like comparing a cheap leather sofa to a expensive leather sofa. The Quality of the materials is different. You have a hard-on for Ford to a fault. I don't give a damn about the brand. It's a car, and some are better than others. You're describing options you're not describing quality of materials.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Actually your comparison from the get-go was a little off base. You’re comparing a full size sedan to a compact commuter? A Fusion vs. Avalon would be a much better comparison, as would be a Focus vs. Corolla. My point on the Focus Titanium was this: Its not lacking any options that a 40k car has & it’s a great bargain at its price point. Now, If I was looking for a full size sedan I wouldn’t even consider an Avalon or Camry, I’d go right to Ford & buy a Fusion Sport or Titanium. Not only does the Fusion look better but it has all of the options of those Toyota’s & I’d save about 10k. It’s a win win!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
821 Posts
Win win unless you factor in reliability and resale values.

Does the Fusion have reliability issues that I’m unaware of? I see them all over the roads all week long. I couldn’t tell you the last time I saw an Avalon in traffic? I don’t buy vehicles for resale value. Buying a vehicle in general is a bad investment but we all need them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
159 Posts
2004 French Blue 2.3 5-spd bought Ford Certified used in 2005 with 20,000 on it for $12k

2004 Pitch Black 2.3 5-spd bought from dealer used in 2017 with 95,000 on it for $2400 OTD all fees paid.

I'm 55

Still have both cars. Blue car has sat with blown engine since 2014.

Been busy changing careers over the last few years...and hoarding guns and ammo...attempting to "Focus" on car stuff again!

I'll try to hang out here and at FJ more...FJ(and most of the other car and rally forums I used to frequent) are almost completely dead-it's sad.

FF doesn't seem to be doing too bad.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2019 Focus C-Max 1.0 Ecoboost, 6km straight from the factory for 16k euros.

I am 37

I love this car, so far 980km on the tacho

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm 26, and paid 3000 AUD several years ago. It was slightly cheaper because my parents bought a Commodore station wagon on the same day at the same place.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm 29 now. Bought my 2010 ford focus used back in 2011 for $14,500 with 27,000 miles. Has 145,000 MILES NOW AND STILL GOING STRONG.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm 45, have two foci, first is an 2000 SE with 243675 miles on it that was given to me in trade for work, second is my 2004 ZX3($500) with 433258 miles on it with CAI, Magnaflow exhaust from Trubendz. Have an svt header that I want to put on, but still trying to figure out the O2 sensor or trick to ECU. The ZX3 is definitely fun to drive, also bought the SVT suspension kit to put on, can't wait till I can get time to install.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mine is a 2001 se 4d I got it for $100. I am 50. The girl I bought it from thought that she had blown the head. She was on her way to pick up cousin on otherside of the state To. The car had an oil leak. She thought if she put in extra she should be able to mAke around trip with out checking the oil. So while she was in Wal-Mart she bought one of those 5qt jugs and put it in......I'm going through and putting new seals and taking time with it as it had oil coming from everywhere lol

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Mine is a 2001 se 4d I got it for $100. I am 50. ...
How many miles on it?

At first I thought you might have taken advantage of a young woman's ignorance with that price [deviltail], but after thinking of the skills and effort required to repair the damage she did it seems more fair [angel].

If she now understands what she did wrong, and knows enough to not repeat that mistake, then she probably got an education that was worth what it cost her, too. (Something she might not have learned even after paying a lot more to get a college degree -- "real world" lesson here.) Besides, anyone who owns and drives a car has some responsibility for knowing enough to keep it roadworthy.

Did anyone tell her what had caused the problem with the car? That might help protect you from any claim she might make later that you cheated her, or to keep her from blaming it on the car's brand (F O R D, means ...).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes she was told what had caused the issue. I honestly look at it as though it did her a favor. I was constantly working on it with her uncle. Also 185000 mls. I'm going to do a Gambler 500 type remake with headliner paint job and 235/75/15 steelies from a Ranger or Crown Vic. Its going to be pretty cool when I'm done with it.

921 - 940 of 973 Posts