Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much airflow can the stock mas and fuel system take? Maybe 6psi intercooled? or does it completly freak out when it sees boost?

I was thinking of using a t25 and small frount mount on low boost with stock fuel system.

Also will the stock maf take blow through or does it need draw through setup?

·
Registered
210 Posts
The stock MAF should be good, but up your injectors. If posible you should set it up to draw through. I don't see blowing through it auseing too much trouble though. With 55lb injectors at 9 psi, I was getting 53lbs usage. Just for a referance. The fuel pumps are great, no need to replace those.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will stock fuel system handle any amount of small boost? at which point will the injectors max out on stock tune and hit fuel cut?

I know some cars will not accept any positive manifold preasure without freaking out but some cars will take a small amount of boost with out much problems.

·
Registered
210 Posts
If you get a good custom tune, you should be able to up the amount of fuel, but I am not sure at what levels you would max out at. Someone will chim in and help you out more I'm sure.

·
Registered
523 Posts
im running 8lbs intercooled now and not maxing out the stock injectors or maf YET!

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya i was thinking i can get a small t25 for next to nothing if not free. Same for a small ic. I can weld a new flang on the stock manifold and rig up some piping quick and use a dsm bov.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ravage said:
im running 8lbs intercooled now and not maxing out the stock injectors or maf YET!
Thanks thats what im looking for. Can you post the details and maybe pics of your setup?

·
Registered
523 Posts
whoops, just noticed you got a zx3. I'm not sure if you stock injectors will hold up then (prolly not). As for the MAF, I'm guessing 6lbs would be ok. Tom would be a better person to answer that one.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So anyone else running turbo on stock ztech fuel system?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts