Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much airflow can the stock mas and fuel system take? Maybe 6psi intercooled? or does it completly freak out when it sees boost?

I was thinking of using a t25 and small frount mount on low boost with stock fuel system.

Also will the stock maf take blow through or does it need draw through setup?

·
Registered
210 Posts
The stock MAF should be good, but up your injectors. If posible you should set it up to draw through. I don't see blowing through it auseing too much trouble though. With 55lb injectors at 9 psi, I was getting 53lbs usage. Just for a referance. The fuel pumps are great, no need to replace those.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will stock fuel system handle any amount of small boost? at which point will the injectors max out on stock tune and hit fuel cut?

I know some cars will not accept any positive manifold preasure without freaking out but some cars will take a small amount of boost with out much problems.

·
Registered
210 Posts
If you get a good custom tune, you should be able to up the amount of fuel, but I am not sure at what levels you would max out at. Someone will chim in and help you out more I'm sure.

·
Registered
523 Posts
im running 8lbs intercooled now and not maxing out the stock injectors or maf YET!

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya i was thinking i can get a small t25 for next to nothing if not free. Same for a small ic. I can weld a new flang on the stock manifold and rig up some piping quick and use a dsm bov.

·
Registered
523 Posts
whoops, just noticed you got a zx3. I'm not sure if you stock injectors will hold up then (prolly not). As for the MAF, I'm guessing 6lbs would be ok. Tom would be a better person to answer that one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.