Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how much boost can i run on the stock svt internals daily driven

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Moved to Forced Induction Chat

Tuning makes all the difference. Probably like 15-20 I'd guess. I've ran 10 for years.

·
Registered
136 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
17 to 20 psi depending on the size of the turbo

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
^^and depending on the compression ratio of the engine..

if you build it with 8:1 pistons more boost will be required than with 10:1 pistons

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
he said svt internals so it 10:2:1 so 17 to 20 psi depending on the size of the turbo. but yes if it was lower compression it might take more

·
FF Affiliate
31,094 Posts
^^and depending on the compression ratio of the engine..

if you build it with 8:1 pistons more boost will be required than with 10:1 pistons
Not really with lower compression you can add more timing and make the same or more power even with lower compression + with lower compression your getting slightly more air and fuel into the combustion

Tom

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Also it depends on the intake manifold.... there are a few aftermarket (homemade) that seem to produce more power at lower boost levels.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Not really with lower compression you can add more timing and make the same or more power even with lower compression + with lower compression your getting slightly more air and fuel into the combustion

Tom
so with everything the same on an svt besides the compression ratio, your saying you can get the same amount of power or MORE power with 8:1 pistons as 10:1 pistons at the same boost level?

never heard that before

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
so with everything the same on an svt besides the compression ratio, your saying you can get the same amount of power or MORE power with 8:1 pistons as 10:1 pistons at the same boost level?

never heard that before
No I believe he said you can add a little more timing to get the numbers up there.

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
Also it depends on the intake manifold.... there are a few aftermarket (homemade) that seem to produce more power at lower boost levels.
Sorry to thread jack....[smackbum]

But is the SVT manifold restrictive in any way for FI? I thought its only weakness was that it will blow apart around 25psi.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts

Tom

I'll second that as most turbo cars, MOST, have lower compression ratios anyways. I guess its in the manufacturer's best interest to produce a lower compression turbo charged engine that will function and have good daily driveability.

I'm not talking about after market turbo shit.

·
Registered
672 Posts
If your going to use 93oct I wouldn't run more the 15-17 daily. I'm sure some tuner can tune the svt on 20 psi daily but it's riskly. It's going to come down 2 your tuner (always).gool luck.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Sorry to thread jack....[smackbum]

But is the SVT manifold restrictive in any way for FI? I thought its only weakness was that it will blow apart around 25psi.
Svt stock manifold will blow apart with less boosts. It's up to the owner when the will replace it. I did and will never recommed some one 2 keep the stock manifold because it will fail on you when your not look.

·
FF Affiliate
31,094 Posts
Stil dishing it out Tom???

(Mr. 700 hp) hahahaha

We all have a lot to learn. why has ur ego out grown everyone else. Not sure. Just help is all I ask. (Come on buddy)
This wasent said to you , directed to you , If you have a smart azz comment to say to me take it to PM !

Tom

1 - 20 of 23 Posts