Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering because i have 2 plugs that are cracked and it dont run smoothly.[paranoid]

·
I used to drive this
3,342 Posts
I picked up the motorcraft coppers for $3.74? which, from what I've read, is high. So they're not too much

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so whats the difference between the platnum and copper? the platnum is much expensive right?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
yea plats are more expesive because they last LONGER, the coppers are better for nitous and FI, as they are a step colder, and are cheaper to replace. I think u can get a full set for like 12 bucks from ur dealership. VERY cheap and they work great,

·
Registered
189 Posts
No dont get the platinums. They suck at conducting a good spark. Get the copper's. You can get some for $8-12 a set at a ford dealer.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
since i aint goin F/I should i still get them? and how long would they last like i mean how many oil changes should i change them? or if they have a milage what is it?

·
Registered
356 Posts
my dealer couldnt find the part number for the coppers... I had to order them through C-F-M instead

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
The correct Motorcraft spark plug is AYFS-092-FECF4 and dealer cost (cost, not what they sell for) is $6.53 each and list is $17.65 each.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Did you find out why the plugs cracked????? That could be a sign of engine trouble.

Anyways, you can get the coppers from Central Florida Motorsports for $11.95 + shipping (pack of 4). http://focus.c-f-m.com/

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
are the copper ones have the same little tip like the stockers cuz i mean a tech said if i put like the ones that have bigger tip like the round ones wont burn as good as the ones are in. but if the coppers have that tip ill buy them

·
Registered
511 Posts
No they do not have a small tip like the stock platinums. Some here believe that a fatter tip will make a fatter spark. Also, copper is a much better conductor of electricity than platinum, so you'll get a better spark. The only downside is that the coppers wear out much faster than the platinum plugs (last 30k miles). But for 11.95 a set, I don't really care.

Also, if you are NA, you can up the gap to .060 and remember to put some anti-sieze on the threads before installing. Good luck.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I think the motorcraft PN for the copper ones is AZFS22C.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
I had one plug cracked when i replaced mine with the motorcraft ones. I had put NGK platinums in at around 30K miles. The shop who installed my blower said they put new plugs in and that was around 55K miles. When i replaced them cause my car had been idling bad and found that they were the same damn NGK plugs i had put in. Cheap, lying shop. Anyways, the AZFS22C plugs went in with the FRPP 9mm wires and it runs like a champ. I think i payed a whopping $15 something after tax, they did have alil trouble finding them tho.

H

·
0 Posts
The coppers have changed part number to SP-463. They might still have the AZFS number, but my dealer has changed to the new numbering system.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts