Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read these amazing numbers on different items, but I really don't believe them. What are some realistic numbers for various items like CAI, UDP, 65mm TB?

·
Registered
236 Posts
I really can't tell you the actual numbers, but I can blow away Focus' Hatchbacks(stock), when I'm only running a cold air intake, exhaust, and underdrive pulleys in a Focus Sedan. I know, not much help, sorry.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Well most of the time when you see an ad for an exhaust that adds 10hp it's usually based on a car that already has some other mods. So lets say you have just the exhaust, you might get 3-5hp tops. But if you have a CAI and headers then you might get 10 additional hp from the exhaust.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
3-5 from just catback wouldnt happen. on average, most mods from 100-300 will offer 1-5 hp.... but dont look at it like that... look at it by how much more your performance improves...

a focus with 150 whp will run a high 14... 150 whp doesnt sound like a ton, but a 14 second focus sure puts a smile on my face.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No 150hp doesn't sound like a lot, but the stock 130hp moves my ZTS along pretty well. Suprised me a bit. So, I guess I should have asked if those 3 items I listed in the first post will add noticable acceleration, which is what I really want. Top end is not my big thing, my motorcycle will do around 150mph, but what I really like is the rush of acceleration off the line!

·
AKA Toyotech
4,041 Posts
erik-smith said:
No 150hp doesn't sound like a lot, but the stock 130hp moves my ZTS along pretty well. Suprised me a bit. So, I guess I should have asked if those 3 items I listed in the first post will add noticable acceleration, which is what I really want. Top end is not my big thing, my motorcycle will do around 150mph, but what I really like is the rush of acceleration off the line!
and thats 150whp, not 150hp. you can get 2-4whp for a cat-back, 4-5whp for intake, bouth 4whp for a udp, it starts to add up, and 150whp is compared to 100-110whp stock. so 40-50whp really makes a difference.

·
Broken cars s[:)][:)][:)] :(
18,832 Posts
damn stock flywheel lol I dunno what I'm alkin about but I think those add hp? lol...just get stuff thats suppose to add hp and feel it take off :)

·
AKA Toyotech
4,041 Posts
naturally aspirated the flywheels on the market are useless. and to me, too damn light, they may free up a little horsepower. but don't add any.

·
Registered
84 Posts
The lighter flywheel will hurt your 1/4 mile times. But...the trade off in responce is worth it i think. In autoX, a lighter flywheel will help dramatically because of the fact that you need that responce, and you don't really shift that much in autoX, so you dont have to worry about dropping the revs when shifting. If anything, say you are going into a tight corner, and you try to rev match the stock zetec flywheel...you will get a lot of "lag" time. With the lighter flywheel, you will be able to down shift with the quickness. Also, the lighter flywheel will help reduce engine wear because of the less rotating mass.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts