Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just how many ST's were built between 2005 and 2007? After a few years of debating how much to invest performance wise into my 07ST I've decided that I should not buy a new car, but since there is no logical reason to spend to make my car an actaul hot rod I have decided to invest the money because it will be a great way to help grow our economy and give me a real hobby. Of course we all know that the car is never going to be worth a butt load of money it's more like therapy. I was gonna stop with current mods and have so a couple of years now, but since payoff is at hand maybe I'll just make it the most fun front wheel drive vehicle I can, which would be sure to make both tires have the abiblity to get traction, albeit not LSD, but ATB and have a lot of fun doing it. My fiance is all for it. She says it's only money and that since I can do only so much to a front wheel driver to go for it. I have needed someone to say it's ok to spend more on the ST than it will ever be worth and I believe she is right. My current mods are listed and if any suggestions with the normal scope of making the car really fun, safe and fast plz feel free to oblige with ideas and and parts and all the rest. Thanks up front[wrenchin]

PS She is expecting me to help her get a car in the meantime... LOL why of course

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
so we have a rather rare car as far in a general sense. that's cool. makes me wanna have it like at burger king my way. I was talking with a guy at massive and learned a lot of what is needed to make it really strong in N/A form... I am getting a bit excited bout it and am 48 and don't get excited bout much anymore. since i have the bsd already done, a vf dogbone mount, 67 mm t/b trubendz exhaust, f2 v.3 header, high flow cat, frpp suspension kit, kn cai and a 93 sct tune I have a good start. looks like frpp t2 diff, exedy stg 1 or 2 clutch, crower stg 1 cams and cosworth IM even higher compression connecting rods and pistons. i wonder what kind of power that will give me and since the engine will be open a lighter crank.. even if it is a ranger crank... hmnmm maybe new exhaust/intakle valves... if that would be necessary... this is sorta like window shopping drunk[drinking]
geesh maybe even get the slight body work done and a fresh coat of black paint and cool svt wheels... argent maybe.. wonder if those heavier duty springs would be worth it since i wont pass a 7100 redline. wow.... what a rush

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
I'd do the torsen. Hit Steve up @ Toulsey Ford. He hooked me up. I even added the carrier bearing's, 2qtr's trans oil & the speed senser too. Save's a little time pulling off the old diff. I used the orignal clutch thou, not worn out, might as well use it, you paid for it. How 'bout CFM's tubular control arm's & toe-link's & 4-point lower stress bar? Do you have thou's?

·
Registered
676 Posts
Just curious as to why you want to stay NA? If I were to keep my ST and wanted to hop it up, I think I'd just spend the money on a turbo, later an LSD and a clutch.

But I'm thinking of looking for a lightly used WRX instead since I really want to get something AWD a year or two from now (subject to changing my mind). BUT that's me.

Any advance in power is a good advance but you're talking some serious $$$ for less rewarding gains, IMHO. Unless, of course, you plan on adding a turbo to a bullet-proof motor sometime down the road...

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
^^ I'd do rod's & piston's on a MZR motor going turbo, & since your there go for a ranger crank too.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Finally!
I contacted Ford Research and these are the official figures from Ford!

Total ST Production:
2005:9329
2006:2419
2007:2716

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
^^^ Where do the last 6 ST's go in 2007? LOL. & I have one of the '05's produced in '04.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts