Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Did you order a 2012 Focus with a Sunroof/Moonroof?

• Yes

Votes: 111 59.7%
  • No

Votes: 63 33.9%
  • No, but wanted to (cost too much, not available, etc)

Votes: 12 6.5%
1 - 20 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a poll to see how many people bought a 2012 Focus with a sunroof/moonroof?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I mean, I've had them in the past. They're nice when they don't leak water, and I've heard a few complaints on here about that. Just curious to see if it's really a big deal. I'd like one, but the extra $800 is a tough amount to swallow for something I'd use probably only half the year.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I can't vote yet, but I ordered one with the roof.

They have a "luxury package" here. 1500 for heated leather seats and moonroof.
Were as the seats and roof are 1200 each, so it was only 300 more for the roof, figured why not.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I ordered one with the power sunroof. I love it in Tampa fl. I used it all the time in my Honda prelude. So I had to get it on my titanium. :)

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So, i take it as it's a personal preference??? I know that if I get one, I'll probably rarely use it, and if I don't, I'll wish I did. The only gripe I have with them is in the winter (in IL we get a fair amount of snow) when the snow melts, the things have leaked on me (from various vehicles--so it's not just one type of car or brand). Other than that, though, I've liked them. One did go out on me in my 2000 Honda Civic when it was only about 8 years old (the motor jammed and the seal was going bad from sitting outside all of the time).

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
From the votes, it looks like 4 out of 6 said no. I guess on the flip side, if I DON'T get one, i won't have to worry about it leaking, insurance rates going up, etc. I guess in IL, the weather is pretty mild (except for now where we have a 90 degree heatwave going on). But overall, we have fairly moderate temperatures throughout the year, so maybe it isn't such a big deal after all, unlike Florida or TX or CA, where its pretty mild and warmer all year round.

I guess now that I think about it, my last 3 cars didn't have sunroofs and I really didn't miss them that much actually. Things like Cruise and Sync I gues are more important to me...

·
Registered
154 Posts
I did not order a sunroof. I've never liked them much.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Ordered mine with the moon roof. We use it and it doesn't leak.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Mine had one. I like it on a cool summer night with all the windows open.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Can't vote yet

I picked mine up of a dealer lot because I was tired of waiting for my order. It had already been equipped with one. I didn't have it selected on my initial order for my car.

·
Registered
683 Posts
No moonroof here ... yellow blaze Ti ordered.

Six posts down, 19 to go for voting priviledges, oh the anticipation!! [woot]

·
Registered
296 Posts
Hated them when I lived in Texas and the sun was a constant malevolent presence, and any extra glass which would permit this beast further access to my interior was unwelcome. Now that I live on the Wet Coast and the sun is an occasional welcome visitor, my attitude is slightly different. I almost always keep the shade retracted now, and usually drive with the roof open (when it's not raining).

1 - 20 of 175 Posts