Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I flew down to California to buy my Focus yesterday and drove it from the airport to the dealership (the test drive to be sure I wanted it) and then home to Washington. The odometer shows 996 miles on it now, all but 15 or so from yesterday. The salesman drove it about 60 miles to pick me up, so about 921 of those miles are mine. Who else had to fly/drive somewhere far away to pick up their car? Who else put at least several hundred miles on their new 2012 Focus the first day they owned it?

Oh.. btw.. first day posting, but have been reading for several days before purchasing. Thanks for all the info. [thankyou]

·
Registered
239 Posts
Where'd you get it from here?

There's about 6 or 7 Ford dealers in the Bay Area, so I had a decent selection. On the third dealer I went to, they had the exact car I wanted, no problem. Unsurprisingly, the other two dealers "ran searches" for cars I wanted and couldn't find anything, not even the car I ended up purchasing only 20 miles away. Of course, they wanted so hard to sell me something on their lot. Car dealers can be such shysters.

·
Registered
781 Posts
ah don't blame the dealer you were buying from, the dealerships they were searching can use all sorts of tricks to hide a vehicle from a search. my dealership hid their last Titanium for weeks because they are rare out here and they wanted to use it in their showroom. eventually they sold it.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I put about 100 miles on it.. Now there's almost 300 miles. I love driving it! Still have a quarter tank left.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I live near Lima, OH and the first day I bought mine, I put about 300 miles on it driving to Toledo and back and showing it off to my friends and family. I've only filled up twice and topped the tank off once and I have 1100 miles on it.. big improvement over the 4wd mariner I had (19mpg) and 3 fill-ups/wk commuting to work!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know what you mean about the better gas mileage. The best average mileage I had showing over the whole trip was 33.6mpg on the third tank that was filled with Shell 87 octane. I don't know what they put in the car when I bought it, but it gave about 32.4 for the whole trip if I remember correctly. The first fill-up was Chevon 91 octane, which was the highest available at the station I stopped at. I wanted to see if higher octane actually made it get better mileage. It actually never got above 32mpg. This was all freeway driving at ~70mph. My previous car was an Infiniti G35, which was lucky to get 21mpg even on the freeway. It was sporting 300+ hp, though, so was a bit of a different animal.

·
Registered
128 Posts
My dealer is right in my town so I didn't have to go far to pick up my 2012 Titanium. I think I only put 30 miles on it that day since I picked it up after work and it was already 5pm. I remember being so excited (since I won the car), my entire family and friends were calling me and wanting me to drive it to them so they could see it.. Thankfully they all live in close range from me.. I love this car so much, I STILL have car-ass and look for any excuse to just take a ride lol. I now have 1400 miles on it and I picked it up on June 6th.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts