Focus Fanatics Forum banner

821 - 840 of 851 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
2016 SE hatch with 106,000 here... I have a long commute but she gets great MPGs...

·
Registered
23 Posts
158,000mi on 2013 Titanium. 60,000 of that on the (finally repaired) last clutch pack and seals. Still get the occasional stutter, but runs like a champ.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
How many miles per/day do you drive? I can’t even imagine driving my car that much every day lol. I drive mine 25 miles per/day & I can barely take that, so 200k miles is incredible.....
I work out of town, two days a week I drive 165 miles (one up, the other back) the other days it's only 3 miles between the office and the apartment. In a nutshell, I drive up on "monday" spend a couple of days then drive back home on my Friday. Right now I'm averaging 25k-30k miles a year. I'd like to get another 75k-100k out of this car before I turn it over to the teenage daughter.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I have 117K on my 2012 SEL Hatch but only about 69K on the 5-speed that I recently swapped for the DCT. I also put in a new clutch kit and seals. This is a great car in the 5-speed variant so I expect to get another 200K out of it. Engine is strong. Just have to keep the rust at bay.

·
Registered
91 Posts
158,000mi on 2013 Titanium. 60,000 of that on the (finally repaired) last clutch pack and seals. Still get the occasional stutter, but runs like a champ.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Nice. I got new clutches at 25k. Just trying to get to 60k miles to utilize my warranty and then it’s time for a new car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
115k on our '14 SE DPS6...Going in for clutch service #2 on the 13th.

Radio is done, pulled the fuse until I can swap it out for an aftermarket.

Good, little car but I hate it with a passion. Glad the wife has to drive it and not me!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
2012 focus SE
Turned 290,398 today. Never had the transmission apart or any engine problems. She shutters a little but smoothed out after 100K. Other than paint pealing issues this car is amazing. I tell everyone I'll get rid of it at 300K. I still get 35MPG and I use 15K mobile 1. Only ever 1 quart down after 15K.

·
Registered
157 Posts
290k is great. Hopefully mine does that well. Want to change the headlights due to where my driver headlight had gotten water in it. Drilled a couple of holes in the bottom of the housing so it can drain if more ever gets in. However, I am relatively happy. Every once in a while I get a pop under my foot during low speed turns, so may have to have that checked out. It had the TCM done at about 97k under warranty. No major engine work. Clutch packs were done around 16k I think.

Currently coming up on 110k. Now runs as good as when I got it except the pop mentioned above, but rarely experience that.

So thus far, this car on repairs has had

brakes
tires
battery
oil changes
clutch pack
tcm

The only other thing was the automatic shutters in the grille. Somehow mine must have gotten water in the connector. The mechanic stuck them open and unplugged the connector. They actually replaced the shutters before realizing the connector was what was going on so was going to try to find a connector. However, this was last spring/summer and the car has been running great and not given codes or anything regarding that. So I think I'm just going to leave the ones on there unplugged and not worry about those even being hooked up. If this car keeps up at this pace it should do good. If I can get this car paid off that would be great. The car was meant for me though. I had not so great credit when I needed a vehicle, and this was literally the only car on the dealer's lot that the bank wanted to finance. But it's worked out great so far.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The 6 speed transmission has been shuttering in 2nd gear since I bought it new, but it hasn't failed. I guess I can live with things other people can't. The shuttering does not effect the mileage and since I live in upstate NY the hills kill mileage, so to get all around 36 to 37 MPG is quite good. I have replaced other things

I've replaced
the horn
the radio from the junk yard
front ball joints
rear license plate light, very expensive, but the local cops stopped me, so what can you do
water lines to the heater core out side on the fire wall
many set of tires
2 sets of spark plugs, third coming up soon
the battery
3 sets of front brakes
rear brakes at 120K and they weren't needed
engine splash shield
Passenger side CV axle
rear shocks
both front and rear windows
some sort of purge valve, which I replaced before the recall

No front shutters on a 12.
The build date on this is March 2011

·
Registered
157 Posts
Forgot about radio. That was changed under factory warranty as the original would not want to turn on etc. If radio goes out again I'm probably going aftermarket.

As far as shuttering, mine does sometimes. Since I'm mostly highway driving I may not notice as much. I guess I adjusted to. Depending on situation I will either just let foot off the gas, or alternatively, give it the gas to try to force the car to go the prior gear or to shift to the next gear.

But I have decided that I don't like car payments. My wife and I work in the same building about an hour from home. So we usually are putting in about 500 miles a week. My thought is that whenever it's time for a newer vehicle, find an suv for us to drive to Church, on weekends etc. and keep the focus and a 16 sonic we have as daily drivers and keep splitting miles to work between them as we've been doing. Then if I would need to get another car for going to work if both of those died, to see what would be a low cost say 6-8k option for a used car just to run miles on.

One car I miss sometimes is I had a 95 chevy beretta that I got when I was about 20-21 in college. That car was the proverbial grocery getter that an older person had and barely drove. I got it in about 2001 with 42k on it. Drove that car until it had 130k on it. Only reason that car died was because I was in the country and low on coolant and put water in the reservoir to get back to town, and neglected to put anti freeze in before cold weather set it. Cracked the block:(. That was a fun car too. Had a 3100 V6 like came in Impalas and Monte Carlos. Car was an auto, but a car the weight of a Cavalier with a V6. You can imagine the amount of torque for such a small car. That car wasn't fast, but it was a fun ride.

The Focus though, too bad they didn't perfect those. The ones like ours to me when they run right are a lot of fun and are deceptively quick imo. Even the base models.

821 - 840 of 851 Posts