Focus Fanatics Forum banner

801 - 820 of 851 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Yep - I have & had many cars- The Focus is a great car just some glitches in early production ones like mine - I’d buy another - 👍( Great MPG)

·
Registered
132 Posts
41000 miles on my 17 SEL, no DCT problems. My wife's 14 Titanium has 121,000 miles. Her car had the clutches replaced at 51,000 miles and 70,000 miles later the car has no hint of shudder. When it was replaced it took a total of a whole day.
We both drive in northern Virginia traffic daily as well, so they are torture tested.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2013 sedan w/ just under 27k , original clutch . I’ve personally have had no issues . Well one , my horn seems to go in and out along with being periodically muffled. I think it’s water getting in since I live in PA and we’ve gotten tons of rain that past couple months

·
Registered
484 Posts
my 2012 had intermittent horn issues also...( I would turn wheel or bang fender & it would work--( I think it's electrical--all coming from the main junction connection--Trans has been out so many times--5---it even effected steering) early production 2012---otherwise terrific car!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
128,000 miles on an early build 2012 DCT Focus, still on original clutch pack, new TCM @ 80,000. Has shuttered and grinded since brand new but really smoothed out after 100,000 miles. No real issues to speak of other than the TCM. Hoping to get another 2 years out of her.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Just hit 90k on my 2012 SEL DCT.
New BCM at 40k - $500
New TCM at 84k - Ford covered it
Drives well and I plan to keep it for a bit more.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
2013 sedan w/ just under 27k , original clutch . I’ve personally have had no issues . Well one , my horn seems to go in and out along with being periodically muffled. I think it’s water getting in since I live in PA and we’ve gotten tons of rain that past couple months
2013 Titanium Hatch 37k Miles

Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile
dang drive them haha

My 2013 just hit 160K this weekend

·
Registered
157 Posts
Traded my 14 in April at 130,000 with no major issues 4years almost to the day I got her. My 18 has 25,000 in 8 months knock on wood issue free.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I may be reading this wrong, but are you saying that you weren't having trouble, had them replace the clutch pack, and you're still not having trouble?

If that's the case, then that's what I would expect: DCTs without trouble early on (15-25k miles) tend to remain trouble-free past usual wear-and-tear. DCTs that develop a shudder early on tend to develop the shudder again even with replacement parts. Essentially, a defective DPS6 transmission continues to remain defective no matter what "fix" Ford applies to it. Functional transmissions remain functional.

‘13 Titanium hatch purchased September ‘12. Had the standard shudder, go to dealer for bandaid couple of times then the clutches failed completely at ~90,000 mi. Dealer replaced clutch pack (with F Rev I believe), seals upgraded etc. Got ~145,000 on it now with no further problems. Everything they did was warranty work and they provided rental each time, so I was never out of pocket any $, just the annoyance of having to limp it in when it broke. I will drive the wheels off this thing and will be willing to pay for exactly ONE transmission/clutch fix if it happens again. I really want to get to 250,000 mi before dumping it. Hoping that’s not too optimistic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Updated

412,000 KM(256,004) on my 2012 SEL, on the road April 2011.
UPDATED
Up to 462,000 km today(287,073 miles) Still getting 750 KM(466 miles) to a tank.

Hatch Plate LED handle failed just out of warranty. (defective plastic weld allowed water in)

5 sets of tires.
DIY 4 sets of front brakes
DIY 1 rear brakes
DIY 3 sets of OEM spark plugs
DIY Air filter every 30 k. I should gone with a washable!
DIY Oil changes every 8,000 km( 5 K miles)
DIY Alterator and Waterpump at 422,000 KM

1st revision DCT done at approx 158,000 km at no cost to me and a free rental
DCT throw out bearing seized causing the case to get cracked (very rare I believe) at 313,000 km.
Cost me 1,000.00 CDN dealer subsidy. Originally $2500.00

The DCT has been rock solid for the last 149,000 km and I have been very satisfied overall.

Broke a strut a 415,000 km( pothole)
DYI Ebay pair replacements and rear shocks at the same time.(250.00 US) Garbage... would go OEM is my suggestion.

At 422,000 KM , I finally changed(DYI) the original belts/alternator/water pump and tensioner. 315.00 CDN in parts

No rust anywhere but paint peeled around licence plate surround. Seen a few other guys with the same spot.

I have a 2016 Focus TI (DCT) and a 2017 Fusion Sport as well but I still love piling the miles on Candy.
I wish all of you the same luck I have had.
Still bummed at Ford for dropping sedans!

801 - 820 of 851 Posts